Turn off all the password security

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

robertshex@yahoo.com

Turn off all the password security
How in the world do you get rid of all the password security and thr $%
$# nag screens that they poroduce?

Brian Komar

Re: Turn off all the password security
On 31 May 2007 09:37:04 -0700, robertshex@yahoo.com wrote:

> How in the world do you get rid of all the password security and thr $%
> $# nag screens that they poroduce?

Switch to paper and pencil
Jesper

Re: Turn off all the password security
Brian's solution is fine, but what specifically is it that annoys you? What
are you doing when it happens?
---

robertshex@yahoo.com

On Jun 1, 1:48 am, Jesper <Jes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Brian's solution is fine, but what specifically is it that annoys you? What
> are you doing when it happens?
> ---
> Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista Security:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20
>
> "Brian Komar" wrote:
> > On 31 May 2007 09:37:04 -0700, roberts...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > > How in the world do you get rid of all the password security and thr $%
> > > $# nag screens that they poroduce?

> > Switch to paper and pencil

I'm doing all sorts of odd things like starting up the computer and
letting it sit idle 10 minutes. Look, I've never had or needed
password security on a computer. This computer will not contain
anything critical. I am not even likely to take it out of the house.
Why does %&^#$ Vista insist on forcing me to have password protection
that I don't need.

Vista is just horrible, bloated junk. I like millions of others, are
still praying for the the dau when Linux or something else will come
along to free computer uses from being force fed the junk that
miscrosoft shoves down everyones throat. The realty is that the only
way that microsoft can keep making money is by selling new software.
So they have to keep "upgrading" their stuff with more and more
features, most of which are unneeded and unwanted, until they have a
bloated mess like Vista that hogs memory and grinds your computer to a
halt. Worst of all, they don't even give you a simple way of turning
off the unwanted features.

Jesper

Re: Turn off all the password security
So, you can get Linux today, for free, to free you from all these
security-related issues. In fact, if you don't care about security, Linux is
a particularly good choice.

While you're waiting for the download, and learning how to recompile the
linux kernel, you could google for AutoAdminLogon:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=AutoAdminLogon

---

"robertshex@yahoo.com" wrote:

> On Jun 1, 1:48 am, Jesper <Jes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Brian's solution is fine, but what specifically is it that annoys you? What
> > are you doing when it happens?
> > ---
> > Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista Security:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20

> > > Switch to paper and pencil

> I'm doing all sorts of odd things like starting up the computer and
> letting it sit idle 10 minutes. Look, I've never had or needed
> password security on a computer. This computer will not contain
> anything critical. I am not even likely to take it out of the house.
> Why does %&^#$ Vista insist on forcing me to have password protection
> that I don't need.
>
> Vista is just horrible, bloated junk. I like millions of others, are
> still praying for the the dau when Linux or something else will come
> along to free computer uses from being force fed the junk that
> miscrosoft shoves down everyones throat. The realty is that the only
> way that microsoft can keep making money is by selling new software.
> So they have to keep "upgrading" their stuff with more and more
> features, most of which are unneeded and unwanted, until they have a
> bloated mess like Vista that hogs memory and grinds your computer to a
> halt. Worst of all, they don't even give you a simple way of turning
> off the unwanted features.

Rock

Re: Turn off all the password security
<robertshex@yahoo.com> wrote
> Jesper wrote:
>> Brian's solution is fine, but what specifically is it that annoys you?
>> What
>> are you doing when it happens?
>> ---
>> Your question may already be answered in Windows Vista
>> Security:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...otectyourwi-20

>> > Switch to paper and pencil

> I'm doing all sorts of odd things like starting up the computer and
> letting it sit idle 10 minutes. Look, I've never had or needed
> password security on a computer. This computer will not contain
> anything critical. I am not even likely to take it out of the house.
> Why does %&^#$ Vista insist on forcing me to have password protection
> that I don't need.
>
> Vista is just horrible, bloated junk. I like millions of others, are
> still praying for the the dau when Linux or something else will come
> along to free computer uses from being force fed the junk that
> miscrosoft shoves down everyones throat. The realty is that the only
> way that microsoft can keep making money is by selling new software.
> So they have to keep "upgrading" their stuff with more and more
> features, most of which are unneeded and unwanted, until they have a
> bloated mess like Vista that hogs memory and grinds your computer to a
> halt. Worst of all, they don't even give you a simple way of turning
> off the unwanted features.

Would you care to provide some specific issues you're facing and include
pertinent details in the chance that someone might be able to help, or would
you just prefer to rant?

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--