Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Mac

Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
Surely it should be "Centre"?
Neil Harley

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
Mac wrote:
> Surely it should be "Centre"?

Anything with 'Centre' in the title is spelt incorrectly and probably
won't be changing any time soon.
Iuvenalis

"Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Surely it should be "Centre"?

Yes I agree.
And Favorites should be Favourites in the UK version...i'm sure there are
probably others too.

Dave Wood [MS]

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
Microsoft doesn't make a U.K. English version of Windows, there's only one
English version which has U.S. spelling. This is similar with most other
regional dialects - e.g. there's no Canadian French, Mexican / Latin
American Spanish / Swiss German / Australian English etc. versions,
{although there is a Brazilian Portugese version}.

As a Brit, I agree it would be nice to have, but you could also argue the
first priority for the localization team should be to produce versions for
languages where there's currently no support at all {e.g. in Vista new
languages added included Bulgarian, Romanian, Thai, Ukranian, Slovak}. Mich
discusses this a bit more on his blog here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archiv...01/521864.aspx

Dave

"Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Surely it should be "Centre"?

Mac

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
What the hell are you talking about? MS spent well over FIVE years on Vista
and came up with this clunky XP skin? And you feel sorry for them? Oops you
work for them.

I think you need to go and have an intimate relationship with yourself.

?

"Dave Wood [MS]" <davewood@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft doesn't make a U.K. English version of Windows, there's only one
> English version which has U.S. spelling. This is similar with most other
> regional dialects - e.g. there's no Canadian French, Mexican / Latin
> American Spanish / Swiss German / Australian English etc. versions,
> {although there is a Brazilian Portugese version}.
>
> As a Brit, I agree it would be nice to have, but you could also argue the
> first priority for the localization team should be to produce versions for
> languages where there's currently no support at all {e.g. in Vista new
> languages added included Bulgarian, Romanian, Thai, Ukranian, Slovak}.
> Mich discusses this a bit more on his blog here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archiv...01/521864.aspx
>
> Dave
>

> "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Surely it should be "Centre"?

CB

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?

Spelt?
Jesper

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
So is this the death of Received English? :-)

Two countries, separated by a common language I suppose. At least there is
still spell checkers in Word for the various distortions on the language of
Shakespeare...

"Dave Wood [MS]" wrote:

> Microsoft doesn't make a U.K. English version of Windows, there's only one
> English version which has U.S. spelling. This is similar with most other
> regional dialects - e.g. there's no Canadian French, Mexican / Latin
> American Spanish / Swiss German / Australian English etc. versions,
> {although there is a Brazilian Portugese version}.
>
> As a Brit, I agree it would be nice to have, but you could also argue the
> first priority for the localization team should be to produce versions for
> languages where there's currently no support at all {e.g. in Vista new
> languages added included Bulgarian, Romanian, Thai, Ukranian, Slovak}. Mich
> discusses this a bit more on his blog here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archiv...01/521864.aspx
>
> Dave
>

> "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Surely it should be "Centre"?

Dave Wood [MS]

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
Very amusing.

> What the hell are you talking about? MS spent well over FIVE years on
> Vista and came up with this clunky XP skin? And you feel sorry for them?
> Oops you work for them.
>
> I think you need to go and have an intimate relationship with yourself.
>
> ?
>
> "Dave Wood [MS]" <davewood@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Microsoft doesn't make a U.K. English version of Windows, there's only
>> one English version which has U.S. spelling. This is similar with most
>> other regional dialects - e.g. there's no Canadian French, Mexican /
>> Latin American Spanish / Swiss German / Australian English etc. versions,
>> {although there is a Brazilian Portugese version}.
>>
>> As a Brit, I agree it would be nice to have, but you could also argue the
>> first priority for the localization team should be to produce versions
>> for languages where there's currently no support at all {e.g. in Vista
>> new languages added included Bulgarian, Romanian, Thai, Ukranian,
>> Slovak}. Mich discusses this a bit more on his blog here:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archiv...01/521864.aspx
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Surely it should be "Centre"?

Mac

Re: Why is Security "Center" spelt this way for UK users?
Yeah - spelt.

"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Spelt?

Charlie Tame

Mac wrote:
> Surely it should be "Centre"?

Hey, I've been living in Iowa for over 6 years now and still haven't
managed to train these darned Americans to drive on the proper side of
the road yet, jeez, no wonder there's accidents

(Course being outnumbered 350,000,000 to one means I have to copy them