Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE Run As Administrator

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
-Draino-
 

Posts: n/a
IE Run As Administrator
It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run As
Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone. Any
suggestions?


TIA

D

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
Leo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE Run As Administrator
Try this: Right click the icon and select Properties. Select the SHORTCUT
TAB, click ADVANCED, Check RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

--
Leo

Some ends don't justify the jeans



"-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
news:A3ABA22A-99A1-4A9D-B490-5D0C790518E4@microsoft.com...
> It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run As
> Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone. Any
> suggestions?
>
>
> TIA
>
> D


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
Iuvenalis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE Run As Administrator
"-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
news:A3ABA22A-99A1-4A9D-B490-5D0C790518E4@microsoft.com...
> It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run As
> Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone. Any
> suggestions?


Why do you need to run a browser as admin?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2007
-Draino-
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE Run As Administrator
There are many reasons. Apparently none of which you are aware of. Don't let
this keep you from learning the basics though.

Anyway I just created a new shortcut and everything is fine.


D



"Iuvenalis" <Iuvenalis@Iuvenalis.com> wrote in message
news:IDI6i.1831$E9.1053@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
> news:A3ABA22A-99A1-4A9D-B490-5D0C790518E4@microsoft.com...
>> It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run As
>> Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone. Any
>> suggestions?

>
> Why do you need to run a browser as admin?
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2007
Iuvenalis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE Run As Administrator
"-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
news:55A854F5-67D6-478B-B8F1-D57AFB128466@microsoft.com...
> There are many reasons. Apparently none of which you are aware of. Don't
> let this keep you from learning the basics though.
>
> Anyway I just created a new shortcut and everything is fine.
>
>
> D
>
>
>
> "Iuvenalis" <Iuvenalis@Iuvenalis.com> wrote in message
> news:IDI6i.1831$E9.1053@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
>> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
>> news:A3ABA22A-99A1-4A9D-B490-5D0C790518E4@microsoft.com...
>>> It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run
>>> As Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone.
>>> Any suggestions?

>>
>> Why do you need to run a browser as admin?
>>

>



LOL & there I was trying to help you.
There are lots of reasons why you should never run a browser as admin too, &
if the solution to the problem was as simple as creating a shortcut, I
question your own knowledge at having to post the question here when the
problem apparently baffled you!






Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2007
-Draino-
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE Run As Administrator
Hehe...........Ya tell me about it!!!

The thing is that I run some programs in the Start Menu..........at the very
top of the Start Menu. Some programs run fine from there but it won't always
give you the same right click options as a shortcut placed somewhere else.

Anyway I got your point


D


"Iuvenalis" <Iuvenalis@Iuvenalis.com> wrote in message
news:AGO6i.3994$J15.2519@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
> news:55A854F5-67D6-478B-B8F1-D57AFB128466@microsoft.com...
>> There are many reasons. Apparently none of which you are aware of. Don't
>> let this keep you from learning the basics though.
>>
>> Anyway I just created a new shortcut and everything is fine.
>>
>>
>> D
>>
>>
>>
>> "Iuvenalis" <Iuvenalis@Iuvenalis.com> wrote in message
>> news:IDI6i.1831$E9.1053@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
>>> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
>>> news:A3ABA22A-99A1-4A9D-B490-5D0C790518E4@microsoft.com...
>>>> It seem that I can't right click on any of my IE icons and select "Run
>>>> As Administrator" I used to be able to do this but that option is gone.
>>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Why do you need to run a browser as admin?
>>>

>>

>
>
> LOL & there I was trying to help you.
> There are lots of reasons why you should never run a browser as admin too,
> & if the solution to the problem was as simple as creating a shortcut, I
> question your own knowledge at having to post the question here when the
> problem apparently baffled you!
>
>
>
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regular Run As... option (not Run As Administrator) =?Utf-8?B?c2xpbWJpbQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 2 10-20-2008 15:23
Run as Administrator ranch99ranch99@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 02-20-2008 21:24
Run as administrator Uncle Nobby microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 1 05-01-2007 18:00
run as administrator =?Utf-8?B?SmFuWmllbnRlaw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 03-04-2007 22:58
How can i run a application with Run As Administrator from cmd? dNi microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 3 02-28-2007 19:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:07.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120