Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Amrykid

Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare

a couple weeks a ago I reinstalled (previously installed it two months ago)
and then I uninstalled it and now, the firewall service wont start.
PLZ help!!!!!!!!

Mr. Arnold

Re: Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare

"Amrykid" <amrykid@gmail.com> wrote in message

> a couple weeks a ago I reinstalled (previously installed it two months
> ago) and then I uninstalled it and now, the firewall service wont start.
> PLZ help!!!!!!!!

See if you can reset the firewall. The procerdure for XP will work on Vista.

http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/resetfw.htm

Amrykid

Re: Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare
thank you

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message

> "Amrykid" <amrykid@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> a couple weeks a ago I reinstalled (previously installed it two months
>> ago) and then I uninstalled it and now, the firewall service wont start.
>> PLZ help!!!!!!!!

> See if you can reset the firewall. The procerdure for XP will work on
> Vista.
>
> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/resetfw.htm

Amrykid

Re: Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare
I just found out that it doesn't work!!!!!!

>I just found out that it doesn't work!!!!!!
>
> "Amrykid" <amrykid@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> thank you
>>
>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Amrykid" <amrykid@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> See if you can reset the firewall. The procerdure for XP will work on
>>> Vista.
>>>
>>> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/resetfw.htm

Mr. Arnold

Re: Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare

"Amrykid" <amrykid@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just found out that it doesn't work!!!!!!

You have any messages in the System Event log concerning the FW will not
start?

John Barnett MVP

Re: Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare
OneCare has its own firewall so it 'would' disable Vista's own build in
firewall. The same applies to Windows defender. If you are using OneCare it
will turn off vista's copy of windows defender and use its own. Click the
OneCare icon in the notification area and select to open windows onecare. in
the OneCare window look at the 'protection plus' section and the firewall
option should read 'auto' This means that the onecare firewall is monitoring
your system, not Vista's firewall.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert