Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Joan Archer

Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
See you on the other side Mow. <g>

--
Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> JamesJ wrote:
>> Just an observation.
>> I subscribe to several web-based forums and find them very difficult to
>> navigate in and very difficult to find my post after a day or so.
>> So this idea that the content is easier to find by customers and search
>> engines through
>> improved indexing is a bit of a misnomer.
>> I'm sorry but I find NNTP browsing 100% easier.
>> I don't see the transition to web-based forums as a simply process as
>> some are making it out to be.
>>
>> I know this is just my opinion. But I think the only advantage to
>> web-based forums ,
>> that I can see, is possibly better spam management.
>>
>> I'll will definitely look into this NNTP bridge.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

> FWIW, I concur with your observation.
>
> Try this NNTP bridge, James:
>
> Community Forums NNTP bridge
> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>

> MowGreen
> ================
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked

Hank Arnold

Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
Which side? The "Dark" side? ;-)

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

On 6/1/2010 7:44 AM, Joan Archer wrote:
> See you on the other side Mow. <g>

Joan Archer

Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
Whatever takes your fancy <g>

Joan Archer wrote:
> Whatever takes your fancy <g>

You mean the side where posts are marked as Answers when they're not
Answers so that the responder can accumulate Medals ?
And here I'd thought I graduated from Elementary School sometime way
back in the last Century.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
Joan Archer

Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
Hi Mow, hope your OK, by the way the Community Bridge is now at v24, can't
keep pace with it get a new version every time I come online, wouldn't be
surprised if there wasn't another before I send this <g>

And I graduated way back before you <g>

Joan Archer wrote:
> Hi Mow, hope your OK, by the way the Community Bridge is now at v24,
> can't keep pace with it get a new version every time I come online,
> wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't another before I send this <g>
>
> And I graduated way back before you <g>
>
> --
> Joan Archer
> http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

Hi, Joan. Long time no hear. Me, fine ... Hope you're doing OK.
The Bridge is up to V25. Still haven't installed it but I keep
downloading it to encourage whomever is developing it.
Not sure about the worth of the new forums as there are too many
question. As for those stupid medals ... who cares ? <g>

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com