Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Michael W Ryder

Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed?
I have been trying for about two months to get one last thing working
with a commercial terminal emulator under Vista Business. The program
works fine for everything except when trying to transfer files more than
once per session. The first transfer works fine but subsequent attempts
to transfer have the necessary buttons greyed out. The program works
for others under Vista and Windows 7 so I assume that the problem is
with permissions on my computer.
The only thing that makes sense is that the program writes to some file
or registry key when a transfer completes and this write is being
blocked. Is there some program that can tell what files had write or
read attempts made and which of those were blocked? If I can find the
file I should be able to fix the permissions and fix the last problem
with this program.
John John - MVP

Re: Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed?
Sysinternals' Process Monitor.

John