Norton 360 product key

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Justin

Norton 360 product key
so i recently had the vista antispyware 2010 so i reformatted my computer and
now i installed the norton 360 again but if i put the product key in the
norton on my account it will say i have used up all 3 keys is there any way i
can like delete that i used a product key in the first place(i only want it
on 2 machines for right now so when i get a new computer i can also put it in
there).
rhlhamlet

Re: Norton 360 product key

Justin;1240944 Wrote:
> so i recently had the vista antispyware 2010 so i reformatted my
> computer and
> now i installed the norton 360 again but if i put the product key in the
> norton on my account it will say i have used up all 3 keys is there any
> way i
> can like delete that i used a product key in the first place(i only want
> it
> on 2 machines for right now so when i get a new computer i can also put
> it in
> there).

Lat time I had a "paid for" antivirus program I ran into the same
problem because of reformatting more than 3 times. I had to contact the
vendor and make my argument with them before they "reset" the keys for
me.

My advice would be to dump Norton and go with MSE (free and a lot
smaller footprint).

--
rhlhamlet
Justin

Re: Norton 360 product key
HEY I AM NOT GETTING RID OF NORTON IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY

"rhlhamlet" wrote:

> Justin;1240944 Wrote:
> > so i recently had the vista antispyware 2010 so i reformatted my
> > computer and
> > now i installed the norton 360 again but if i put the product key in the
> > norton on my account it will say i have used up all 3 keys is there any
> > way i
> > can like delete that i used a product key in the first place(i only want
> > it
> > on 2 machines for right now so when i get a new computer i can also put
> > it in
> > there).

> Lat time I had a "paid for" antivirus program I ran into the same
> problem because of reformatting more than 3 times. I had to contact the
> vendor and make my argument with them before they "reset" the keys for
> me.
>
> My advice would be to dump Norton and go with MSE (free and a lot
> smaller footprint).
>

> --
> rhlhamlet
> .

Richard G. Harper

Re: Norton 360 product key
You would need to ask Norton if this is possible or not.

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so i recently had the vista antispyware 2010 so i reformatted my computer
> and
> now i installed the norton 360 again but if i put the product key in the
> norton on my account it will say i have used up all 3 keys is there any
> way i
> can like delete that i used a product key in the first place(i only want
> it
> on 2 machines for right now so when i get a new computer i can also put it
> in
> there).

Shenan Stanley

Re: Norton 360 product key

Justin wrote:
> HEY I AM NOT GETTING RID OF NORTON IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY

Was all uupercase lettering actually necessary?

If you don't want to get rid of Norton - then you need to contact the actual
product manufacturer for support with their product.

After doing so - it is entirely possible (some would say likely) you will
change your mind about your all uppercase outburst. ;-)

Avira AntiVirus (free) or eSet NOD32 (AV only, pay, ~$59 U.S. for two years)
combined with Malwarebytes (Free for scanning/cleanup or ~$25 U.S. for
lifetime protection) and the built in Windows Firewall would give you less
trouble, more protection, easier interfaces, better performance and such -
but - it's your dime. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP