Kasperky

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Connie

Kasperky
I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I should
buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and which one
is better?

peter

Re: Kasperky
here is the website to compare
http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/

and they are both excellent products.

If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.

For a Free Fire wall Commodo
for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes Anti-Malware

A google search will turn up the download sites

any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
> expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I should buy
> the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and which one is
> better?

FromTheRafters

Re: Kasperky
"Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about
>to expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I
>should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and
>which one is better?

The latter, or an equivalent, is included in the former.

Although, for myself, I don't like suites - I recommend getting the 2010
version of it.

....assuming Kaspersky...and you were satisfied with it.

Connie

Re: Kasperky
I used to use AVG but I stopped using it when I bought Kasperkey IS. Are you
saying I need both?

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> here is the website to compare
> http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/
>
> and they are both excellent products.
>
> If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
> Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.
>
> For a Free Fire wall Commodo
> for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes
> Anti-Malware
>
> A google search will turn up the download sites
>
> any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.
>
> peter
>

> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
>> expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I
>> should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and
>> which one is better?

Connie

Re: Kasperky
Is AVG anti virus just as good as Kasperkey? I used AVG for years and was
told it was not sufficient. Even reading the product descriptions on
Kasperkey IS vs anti virus is confusing to me because there are lots of
overlaps.

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> here is the website to compare
> http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/
>
> and they are both excellent products.
>
> If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
> Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.
>
> For a Free Fire wall Commodo
> for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes
> Anti-Malware
>
> A google search will turn up the download sites
>
> any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.
>
> peter
>

> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
>> expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I
>> should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and
>> which one is better?

FromTheRafters

Re: Kasperky
The overlaps are because the AV program is included in the IS suite.

> Is AVG anti virus just as good as Kasperkey? I used AVG for years and
> was told it was not sufficient. Even reading the product descriptions
> on Kasperkey IS vs anti virus is confusing to me because there are
> lots of overlaps.
>

> "peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> here is the website to compare
>> http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/
>>
>> and they are both excellent products.
>>
>> If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
>> Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.
>>
>> For a Free Fire wall Commodo
>> for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes
>> Anti-Malware
>>
>> A google search will turn up the download sites
>>
>> any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.
>>
>> peter
>>

>> --
>> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
>> or disruptive,please ignore it.
>> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
>> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>>
>> "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is
>>> about to expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version
>>> of it I should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the
>>> difference and which one is better?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Kasperky
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:36:55 -0500, "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote:

> I used to use AVG but I stopped using it when I bought Kasperkey IS. Are you
> saying I need both?

No, no! One or the other. Do not run two at once. Doing so can cause
problems.

If you are willing to pay for a product, I recommend eSET NOD32. It's
the best one available, in my view.

> "peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > here is the website to compare
> > http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/
> >
> > and they are both excellent products.
> >
> > If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
> > Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.
> >
> > For a Free Fire wall Commodo
> > for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes
> > Anti-Malware
> >
> > A google search will turn up the download sites
> >
> > any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.
> >
> > peter
> >

> > --
> > If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> > or disruptive,please ignore it.
> > If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> > to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
> >
> > "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
> >> expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I
> >> should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and
> >> which one is better?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Iain

Re: Kasperky
Connie wrote:
> I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is about to
> expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version of it I
> should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the difference and
> which one is better?

As others have alluded, if you have a separate firewall (hardware or
non-Kaspersky programme), get KAV 2010. If not, then get KIS 2010.
David B.

Re: Kasperky
No it's not just as good