Vista Antivirus Pro - malware

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

John

Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
--
John
Peter Foldes

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

--
Peter

"John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
> appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
> Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
> scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
> Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
> --
> John

John

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the Vista
Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?

--
John

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it
>
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>

> --
> Peter

> "John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
> > appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
> > Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
> > scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
> > Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
> > --
> > John

> .

Ǝиçεl

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
Hello John,

Try HijackThis
-=-

"John" wrote:

> Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the Vista
> Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?
>
> --
> John
>

> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it
> >
> > Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> > following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
> >
> > SuperAntiSpyware
> > http://www.superantispyware.com/
> >
> > MalwareBytes
> > http://www.malwarebytes.com/
> >

> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
> > > appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
> > > Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
> > > scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
> > > Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
> > > --
> > > John

> > .

John

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
Thanks for the website.
Unfortunately, this also did not clean my machine.
We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista.
So, now, all is well.

--
John

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> Try HijackThis
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
> -=-
>
> "John" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the Vista
> > Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > John
> >

> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> > > Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it
> > >
> > > Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> > > following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
> > >
> > > SuperAntiSpyware
> > > http://www.superantispyware.com/
> > >
> > > MalwareBytes
> > > http://www.malwarebytes.com/
> > >

> > > --
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> > >
> > > "John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > .

FromTheRafters

> Thanks for the website.
> Unfortunately, this also did not clean my machine.
> We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista.
> So, now, all is well.

....until the *next* time. \

You might want to consider keeping recent backup disk images as well as
your regular data backup sets. Basically it just makes the process of
reinstalling the fresh OS painless.

TheDuck

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
If you had googled the virus there are any number of manual procedures to
remove it. Unfortunately you relied on this newsgroup and got only the idiot
answers of people trying to sell you on lame software. The real approach is
to Google it, learn what the virus really is and then manually remove it.

"John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the website.
> Unfortunately, this also did not clean my machine.
> We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista.
> So, now, all is well.
>
> --
> John
>

> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
>> Hello John,
>>
>> Try HijackThis
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
>> -=-
>>
>> "John" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the
>> > Vista
>> > Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?
>> >
>> > --
>> > John

FromTheRafters

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
If it really were a virus, you couldn't do any such thing (and neither
could any of those programs).

"TheDuck" <theduck@pond.net> wrote in message
> If you had googled the virus there are any number of manual procedures
> to remove it. Unfortunately you relied on this newsgroup and got only
> the idiot answers of people trying to sell you on lame software. The
> real approach is to Google it, learn what the virus really is and then
> manually remove it.
>
> "John" <jREMOVEcmcf@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the website.
>> Unfortunately, this also did not clean my machine.
>> We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista.
>> So, now, all is well.
>>
>> --
>> John
>>

>> "???l" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello John,
>>>
>>> Try HijackThis
>>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
>>> -=-

Maria

RE: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
I too have this problem also a toshiba laptop running windows vista. I ran a
full scan with mcafee security and nothing has showed up. Unfortunately i
have forgotten to keep a back up disk! does anyone know another solution!?

"John" wrote:

> I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
> appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
> Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
> scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
> Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
> --
> John

Jim

Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware