Problem with Windows Defender

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rppb

Problem with Windows Defender
I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I still
get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a way
to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features for
Vista.

Ǝиçεl

RE: Problem with Windows Defender
Am I correct in thinking that you are running CCleaner or another registry
cleaner?

"rppb" wrote:

> I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I still
> get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a way
> to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features for
> Vista.

rppb

Re: Problem with Windows Defender
Yes ccleaner
"Ǝиçεl" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am I correct in thinking that you are running CCleaner or another registry
> cleaner?
>

> "rppb" wrote:
>
>> I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I
>> still
>> get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a
>> way
>> to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features
>> for
>> Vista.

Ǝиçεl

Re: Problem with Windows Defender
Hi rppb,

Ccleaner , then
In the Utilities category, uncheck WindowsDefender. Having this checked
removes the history of when the last scan was run.

Please let us know if that fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

I hope this post is helpful.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
:. .:

"rppb" wrote:

> Yes ccleaner
> "Ǝиçεl" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Am I correct in thinking that you are running CCleaner or another registry
> > cleaner?
> >

> > "rppb" wrote:
> >
> >> I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I
> >> still
> >> get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a
> >> way
> >> to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features
> >> for
> >> Vista.

rppb

Re: Problem with Windows Defender
It is fixed but I didn't do anything.Thanks