Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

john

Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?
Hi, all.

I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not
do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the
safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is
forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now
I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window
popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is too
short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords of
different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempts have been failed. What
can I do now to reset the password or change the policy?

PS. I am using Vista home basic, many operations can not be done under this
version I think.

richc46

Re: Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?

john;1218521 Wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can
> not
> do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to
> the
> safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is
> forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account
> before. Now
> I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the
> window
> popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is
> too
> short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords
> of
> different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempts have been failed.
> What
> can I do now to reset the password or change the policy?
>
> PS. I am using Vista home basic, many operations can not be done under
> this
> version I think.

You may want to read this excellent tutorial, by our Moderator Brink.
Hopefully it will help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...rd.html?filter[11]=User
Accounts

--
richc46

RICHARD
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*