Event Error Question

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

JamesJ

Event Error Question
Vista Basic 32bit sp2

I found the following error in Event Viewer 'Administrative Events':

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
TfFsMon
TfSysMon

The source is:

'Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider'

Can anyone tell me what this is??
I've googled it and didn't fine a satisfactory answer.

Thanks,
James

JamesJ

Re: Event Error Question
I used to have pctools software on my system, but not anymore.

Thanks for the info,
James
"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:Oys$aiQlKHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
PC Tools Threatfire, maybe

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
Vista Basic 32bit sp2

I found the following error in Event Viewer 'Administrative Events':

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
TfFsMon
TfSysMon

The source is:

'Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider'

Can anyone tell me what this is??
I've googled it and didn't fine a satisfactory answer.

Thanks,
James

JamesJ

Re: Event Error Question
I've noticed other products that I have uninstalled, escpecially Anti-Virus software,
leave drivers and they seem to try to load at start-up or Vista somehow thinks the driver is still there.
I needed to 'Show hidden drivers' to find and uninstall them.
I don't care to do that but as long I am sure what the driver is I guess I'm ok.

James
"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:eq2shVSlKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
[...]

If the event Viewer show 'failed to load' it might tend to indicate that the
driver / service was removed but the associated registry entires for
'startup' were not removed.

You might want to check in msconfige and see if anything relevent shows,
before you move on to the registry

[...]

MSConfig had nothing out of the ordinary.
I did find the references to the drivers in the registry.
Deleted the entries and I don't get the error anymore.

Thanks,
James

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23PPS0$UlKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
[...]

Hank Arnold

Re: Event Error Question
JamesJ wrote:
> Vista Basic 32bit sp2
>
> I found the following error in Event Viewer 'Administrative Events':
>
> The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
> TfFsMon
> TfSysMon
>
> The source is:
>
> 'Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider'
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is??
> I've googled it and didnít fine a satisfactory answer.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Try http://eventid.net. Insert the event id and source. You should get a
lot of information....