Re: consent.exe - malware

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

malfunction44

Re: consent.exe - malware

"consent ui for administrative applications" wants to access the
internet:

It is showing up on compromised systems. I have it on several laptops
- out of the box and manufactured in China. Either the system image has
been tampered with or it is a BIOS virus or both.

It is smart and attempts to hide itself.

____________________________
Original link below:

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/783568.htm

--
malfunction44
malfunction44's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161071.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: consent.exe - malware
The web site is a list of certificate revocations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revocation_list

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...re+certificate

Hope this helps
--
..
--
"malfunction44" <malfunction44.42ph7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> "consent ui for administrative applications" wants to access the
> internet:
>
> It is showing up on compromised systems. I have it on several laptops
> - out of the box and manufactured in China. Either the system image has
> been tampered with or it is a BIOS virus or both.
>
> It is smart and attempts to hide itself.
>
> ____________________________
> Original link below:
>
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/783568.htm
>

> --
> malfunction44
> malfunction44's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161071.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1278778.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

FromTheRafters

Re: consent.exe - malware
"malfunction44" <malfunction44.42ph7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> "consent ui for administrative applications" wants to access the
> internet:
>
> It is showing up on compromised systems. I have it on several laptops
> - out of the box and manufactured in China. Either the system image
> has
> been tampered with or it is a BIOS virus or both.
>
> It is smart and attempts to hide itself.
>
> ____________________________
> Original link below:
>
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/783568.htm

Oh...those idiots.

It is probably just users not understanding its function.

Consent.exe needs the internet to check certificate validity.

Lemme guess - your using some other firewall than Vista's native one,
and you don't know exactly how to interpret results from it?

malfunction44

Re: consent.exe - malware

Let me guess: You have been sent by your chicom bosses for damage
control and to confuse.

Are there now a million bloggers on the chicom payroll? Including
hundreds of Microsoft MVPs?

How to get Microsoft MVP status?
Get other users and MVPs to recommend your posts.

Once the chicoms got a few of their bloggers as MVPs it has been very
easy to multiply those numbers?

Microsoft MVPs have access to the windows source code.

--
malfunction44
malfunction44's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161071.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1278778.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Peter Foldes

Re: consent.exe - malware
No wonder that you are posting from techarena forums. Shows each and every time .
Most if not all are not very knowledgeable like yourself. Never fails

--
Peter