REGISTRY MECHANIC....Maniac!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Gloria J. Brouse

REGISTRY MECHANIC....Maniac!!
After attempting to install the Service Pac 2, regMech totally shutts down
the MS One Care fireall, &WILL Not allow the BTS to remain ON. This happened
on this VISTA/VIAO platform only. Our PC, with XP can run REG MECH and get
AUTO UPDATES without shutting down anything.
REG MECH is totally gone form OS now. There's $29.95 gone to cyber space!!

recently, I went back and 'hid' the last 2 security updates for VISTA, but
installed the new VISTA OS Platform. Then attempting to re-install the 2
hidden updates, both error codes # 643, 646 appeared.
Ive installed the MS Removal tool pertaining to the repair for these
two.......found nothing.

Bad install? Corrupt download?? REG MECH have anything to do with any of
this??

Anyone?

DL

Re: REGISTRY MECHANIC....Maniac!!
Difficult to know what damage RegMechanic did to your sys - IMO all such
'reg fix' tools are snake oil and should be avoided.
However a tad confused by your ref to "installed the new VISTA OS Platform"

"Gloria J. Brouse" <brousegj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> After attempting to install the Service Pac 2, regMech totally shutts down
> the MS One Care fireall, &WILL Not allow the BTS to remain ON. This
> happened on this VISTA/VIAO platform only. Our PC, with XP can run REG
> MECH and get AUTO UPDATES without shutting down anything.
> REG MECH is totally gone form OS now. There's $29.95 gone to cyber space!!
>
> recently, I went back and 'hid' the last 2 security updates for VISTA,
> but installed the new VISTA OS Platform. Then attempting to re-install the
> 2 hidden updates, both error codes # 643, 646 appeared.
> Ive installed the MS Removal tool pertaining to the repair for these
> two.......found nothing.
>
> Bad install? Corrupt download?? REG MECH have anything to do with any of
> this??
>
> Anyone?

David B.

Re: REGISTRY MECHANIC....Maniac!!
First, never use registry cleaners, second, try reposting in something that
resembles the English language so we can actually figure out what your
talking about, your post is confusing at best.

"Gloria J. Brouse" <brousegj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> After attempting to install the Service Pac 2, regMech totally shutts down
> the MS One Care fireall, &WILL Not allow the BTS to remain ON. This
> happened on this VISTA/VIAO platform only. Our PC, with XP can run REG
> MECH and get AUTO UPDATES without shutting down anything.
> REG MECH is totally gone form OS now. There's $29.95 gone to cyber space!!
>
> recently, I went back and 'hid' the last 2 security updates for VISTA,
> but installed the new VISTA OS Platform. Then attempting to re-install the
> 2 hidden updates, both error codes # 643, 646 appeared.
> Ive installed the MS Removal tool pertaining to the repair for these
> two.......found nothing.
>
> Bad install? Corrupt download?? REG MECH have anything to do with any of
> this??
>
> Anyone?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: REGISTRY MECHANIC....Maniac!!
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:08:28 -0600, "Gloria J. Brouse"
<brousegj@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> After attempting to install the Service Pac 2, regMech totally shutts down
> the MS One Care fireall, &WILL Not allow the BTS to remain ON. This happened
> on this VISTA/VIAO platform only. Our PC, with XP can run REG MECH and get
> AUTO UPDATES without shutting down anything.
> REG MECH is totally gone form OS now. There's $29.95 gone to cyber space!!
>
> recently, I went back and 'hid' the last 2 security updates for VISTA, but
> installed the new VISTA OS Platform. Then attempting to re-install the 2
> hidden updates, both error codes # 643, 646 appeared.
> Ive installed the MS Removal tool pertaining to the repair for these
> two.......found nothing.
>
> Bad install? Corrupt download?? REG MECH have anything to do with any of
> this??

It's probably all Registry Mechanic's fault. If possible, undo
everything it's done. If you can't do that, it's possible that you may
not have any other recourse than reinstalling Windows from scratch.

Get rid of Registry Mechanic. It, and all other programs like it, are
junk, useless at best, and dangerous at worst. Here's my standard
message on the subject of registry cleaners:

Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. Cleaning of the
registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and
don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and
what vendors of registry cleaning software try to convince you of,
having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you.

The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously
removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit
it may have.

Read http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html

Please Reply to the Newsgroup