NORTON 360 Live Update

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Justin

NORTON 360 Live Update
I bought norton 360 and hade it for about 2 years and had no problems but up
until recently i got the GREEN AV in my system and it would not come out so i
went into the regestry and got rid of it and through the system and got rid
of that so it does not pop up any more when i turn on the system but now when
ever i use live update on norton 360 it says opperation failed and will not
update HELP
David B.

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
Nice to see Norton was hard at work protecting your system. It's likely your
still infected, download and run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware, if the
problem remains contact Symantec support.

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought norton 360 and hade it for about 2 years and had no problems but
>up
> until recently i got the GREEN AV in my system and it would not come out
> so i
> went into the regestry and got rid of it and through the system and got
> rid
> of that so it does not pop up any more when i turn on the system but now
> when
> ever i use live update on norton 360 it says opperation failed and will
> not
> update HELP

Charles W Davis

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
Use this tool to rid your computer of all traces of Norton and Sysmantec.
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

In additions to David B's comment, download and install either Free AVG
(http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage) or AVAST Home Edition

"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> Nice to see Norton was hard at work protecting your system. It's likely
> your still infected, download and run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware,
> if the problem remains contact Symantec support.

> "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I bought norton 360 and hade it for about 2 years and had no problems but
>>up
>> until recently i got the GREEN AV in my system and it would not come out
>> so i
>> went into the regestry and got rid of it and through the system and got
>> rid
>> of that so it does not pop up any more when i turn on the system but now
>> when
>> ever i use live update on norton 360 it says opperation failed and will
>> not
>> update HELP

Justin

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
Wait why would i get rid of norton

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> Use this tool to rid your computer of all traces of Norton and Sysmantec.
> http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
>
> In additions to David B's comment, download and install either Free AVG
> (http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage) or AVAST Home Edition
>
> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> > Nice to see Norton was hard at work protecting your system. It's likely
> > your still infected, download and run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware,
> > if the problem remains contact Symantec support.
> >
> > --
> >

> > --
> > "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I bought norton 360 and hade it for about 2 years and had no problems but
> >>up
> >> until recently i got the GREEN AV in my system and it would not come out
> >> so i
> >> went into the regestry and got rid of it and through the system and got
> >> rid
> >> of that so it does not pop up any more when i turn on the system but now
> >> when
> >> ever i use live update on norton 360 it says opperation failed and will
> >> not
> >> update HELP

ashvin

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update

Try norton removal tools and seriously get rid of norton.. I will never
ever let norton touch any of my machines

--
ashvin
ashvin

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update

or if you want to keep norton
Solution
go to My computer> c drive> program files> symantec> liveupdate
and click on the live update icon from there..

--
ashvin
David B.

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
Because it's crap

> Wait why would i get rid of norton
>
> "Charles W Davis" wrote:
>
>> Use this tool to rid your computer of all traces of Norton and Sysmantec.
>> http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
>>
>> In additions to David B's comment, download and install either Free AVG
>> (http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage) or AVAST Home Edition
>>
>> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> > Nice to see Norton was hard at work protecting your system. It's likely
>> > your still infected, download and run Malwarebytes and
>> > SuperAntiSpyware,
>> > if the problem remains contact Symantec support.
>> >
>> > --

ashvin

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update

I been having big issues with norton and their support team are never
here to answer the phone.. crap.. why make life difficult with an
antivirus when its suppose to make life easier..
'www.quickheal.co.nz' (http://www.quickheal.co.nz)

--
ashvin
Justin

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
Hey David and Ashvin no offence but are you on something cause norton is the
best but now i have another issue allong with the live update when ever i try
to uninstall live update i get a 1606 error %APPDATA%\ or something like
that. how do i fix it.

ps dont start to get mad cause im always having issues with my comps

"ashvin" wrote:

> I been having big issues with norton and their support team are never
> here to answer the phone.. crap.. why make life difficult with an
> antivirus when its suppose to make life easier..
> 'www.quickheal.co.nz' (http://www.quickheal.co.nz)
>

> --
> ashvin
> .

David B.

Re: NORTON 360 Live Update
You can always tell an amateur PC user, Norton is far from the best, you
have no clue what your talking about.