AVG free software

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

luby

AVG free software
I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no longer
allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others. And,
I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some way
that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried to
uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
initialization failed due to following error:
Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

Any help?????
Ǝиçεl

RE: AVG free software
What did AVG Suppoяt have to say?

"luby" wrote:

> I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no longer
> allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others. And,
> I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some way
> that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried to
> uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
> initialization failed due to following error:
> Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
> @AvgErrorCode_0x0020
>

> Any help?????

mikeyhsd

Re: AVG free software
did you try a reboot.

or try SAFE mode for uninstall.

mikeyhsd@lamparty.net

"luby" <luby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6005C31F-242A-410E-81D5-32CE8A0BA2AA@microsoft.com...
I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no longer
allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others. And,
I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some way
that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried to
uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
initialization failed due to following error:
Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

Any help?????

GTS

Re: AVG free software
Try the AVG removal tool. Try downloading it in safe mode or do it on
another computer if necessary.
http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools
--

"luby" <luby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no
>longer
> allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others.
> And,
> I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some
> way
> that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried
> uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
> initialization failed due to following error:
> Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
> @AvgErrorCode_0x0020
>

> Any help?????

luby

Re: AVG free software
AVG doesn't offer support for the free product. Really nice huh!!! Last
night I found and unzipped the ver 8.5 setup file (which is what bombed the
first time). It worked and then allowed me the option for uninstalling the
software, which I did and all works perfect now. Thanks for all your replies
and help, it's greatly appreciated.

"GTS" wrote:

> Try the AVG removal tool. Try downloading it in safe mode or do it on
> another computer if necessary.
> http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools
> --
>
> "luby" <luby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no
> >longer
> > allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others.
> > And,
> > I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some
> > way
> > that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried
> > uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
> > initialization failed due to following error:
> > Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
> > @AvgErrorCode_0x0020
> >

> > Any help?????

> .

Justin

Re: AVG free software
luby wrote:
> I was upgrading to AVG 8.5 and the download failed. My system will no longer
> allow me to run or save any setup files from their site or any others. And,
> I believe the email scanner included with the software has failed in some way
> that I can no longer open or save attachments from my email. I've tried to
> uninstall AVG but it states "Installation Failed" details...Installer
> initialization failed due to following error:
> Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
> @AvgErrorCode_0x0020
>

> Any help?????

Check out Clamwin for Open source Anti Virus. AVG eventually starts
bugging you to upgrade to their commercial version.
http://www.clamwin.com/
Charles W Davis

Re: AVG free software
AVG 9 is now available.