Denied permission to access folders

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

c1steady

Denied permission to access folders

To all the expert for help,

I try To take ownership a folder as below but failed.

" Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then
click Properties.
<LI class=step>Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click
the Owner tab.
<LI class=step>Click Edit. [image:
http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/re...8a75bf05b.png]
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
type the password or provide confirmation.
<LI class=step>Click the name of the person you want to give
ownership to.
<LI class=step>If you want that person to be the owner of files and
subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers
and objects check box.
- Click OK. "
However, if i try to take owership of all those file within a folder one
by one, then i can do it.

The problem is , i have few hundred files,video and etc to take over.
How can i do it in a faster way. How can i remove the ownership problem
forever.

Thanks for reading

--
c1steady
Malke

Re: Denied permission to access folders
c1steady wrote:

(snippage)
> However, if i try to take owership of all those file within a folder one
> by one, then i can do it.
>
> The problem is , i have few hundred files,video and etc to take over.
> How can i do it in a faster way. How can i remove the ownership problem
> forever.

To take ownership of a folder (use the parent folder):

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click
Properties.
2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
3. Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation.
4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.
5. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this
folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK

The key to success is #5.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Dim Dell

Thank You
Malke,

Thank you!!!
Have been desperate to find a solution to this problem.
You solution is elegant and concise and you're dead right about item 5.

Thankssssssssss!
dimrilldell

Malke wrote:

c1steady wrotesnippage)To take ownership of a folder (use the parent
23-Oct-09

c1steady wrote:

(snippage)

To take ownership of a folder (use the parent folder):

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click
Properties.
2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
3. Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation.
4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.
5. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this
folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK

The key to success is #5.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

On Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:56 PM
c1steady wrote:

[...]

On Friday, October 23, 2009 8:35 AM
Malke wrote:

c1steady wrotesnippage)To take ownership of a folder (use the parent
c1steady wrote:

(snippage)

To take ownership of a folder (use the parent folder):

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click
Properties.
2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
3. Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation.
4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.
5. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this
folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK

The key to success is #5.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

SQL Server Table Variables To Eliminate Cursors
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-variable.aspx