Another Defender Question

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

JerryM \(ID\)

Another Defender Question
After going through all the groups testing and suggestions,
I noticed that Windows Defender is listed as "Hide",
Could this be one of the problems that keeps it from running ?

If so, how do I "UnHide" it ?
I can't get into the old Windows\INF directory to delete it.

Something to think about anyway.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

JerryM \(ID\)

Re: Another Defender Question
I assume Windows Live One Care is the program responsible for hiding Windows
Defender.
I can turn it on manually, but it will not start automatically.
Does anyone have any fix for this?

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"JerryM (ID)" <jerrym526@msn.org> wrote in message
> After going through all the groups testing and suggestions, I noticed that
> Windows Defender is listed as "Hide",
> Could this be one of the problems that keeps it from running ?
>
> If so, how do I "UnHide" it ?
> I can't get into the old Windows\INF directory to delete it.
>
> Something to think about anyway.
>
> --
>
> Jerry
>
> One thing money can't buy,
> The wagging tail of a dog.

CB

Re: Another Defender Question
Windows Live One Care does indeed stop Defender from starting up and running.
Windows Defender has been incorporated into Live One Care. Therefore, it is
not necessary to run Defender. However, you can continue to use Defender to
disable startup programs and running processes if you wish, or you can use
Task Manager or Process Explorer as usual.

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> I assume Windows Live One Care is the program responsible for hiding Windows
> Defender.
> I can turn it on manually, but it will not start automatically.
> Does anyone have any fix for this?
>
> --
>
> Jerry
>
> One thing money can't buy,
> The wagging tail of a dog.
>
> "JerryM (ID)" <jerrym526@msn.org> wrote in message
> > After going through all the groups testing and suggestions, I noticed that
> > Windows Defender is listed as "Hide",
> > Could this be one of the problems that keeps it from running ?
> >
> > If so, how do I "UnHide" it ?
> > I can't get into the old Windows\INF directory to delete it.
> >
> > Something to think about anyway.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > One thing money can't buy,
> > The wagging tail of a dog.

JerryM \(ID\)

Re: Another Defender Question
Thanks, CB,

I thought for a while I might have been on the wrong track.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.