Trojan.Dropper

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Teana Thirkill

Trojan.Dropper
I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64 processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need help. How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx
Vista Succubus Hunter

Re: Trojan.Dropper
Teana Thirkill wrote:
> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64 processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need help. How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!

It means that something else is running on the computer that's putting
it back, and you need to find that too.
KristleBawl

Re: Trojan.Dropper
Teana Thirkill wrote:
> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64
> processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my
> computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need
> help. How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!

AntiVirus programs detect it, but it takes AntiSpyware programs to
remove it. These are popular, listed alphabetically.

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoft.com/?domain=lava...aware_free.php

Malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Spyware Doctor
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html
Milo

Re: Trojan.Dropper
Hi Teana,

if youre in the US/CANADA contact 886 727 2338 ( can be reached by skype )
/ PCSAFETY.... Microsoft Free Support assistance hotline for malware/virus
issue.. you can get professional to assist you with the removal of that
malware.

"Teana Thirkill" wrote in message news:2009919202617thirkill@gmail.com...
> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64
> processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my
> computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need help.
> How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!

> WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

FromTheRafters

Re: Trojan.Dropper
<Teana Thirkill> wrote in message

> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a
> 64 processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I
> restart my computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer
> savy so I need help. How do I get this off my computer?
> Please Help!

Submit the file that was believed to be a 'trojan.dropper' to
virustotal.com or Jotti.org to see what other AV programs detect it as.

Also, the name and where a file is located is usually as important as
what it was detected as.

FromTheRafters

Re: Trojan.Dropper
"Vista Succubus Hunter" <Sucuubus@Hunter.com> wrote in message
> Teana Thirkill wrote:
>> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64
>> processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my
>> computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need
>> help. How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!
>>

> It means that something else is running on the computer that's putting
> it back, and you need to find that too.

Indeed! It could even be the OS protecting itself from having its own
system files deleted by an AV program. )

FromTheRafters

Re: Trojan.Dropper
"KristleBawl" <KristleBawl@some.email> wrote in message
> Teana Thirkill wrote:
>> I aquired Trojan.Dropper on my computer. It runs Vista with a 64
>> processor. My McAfee tries to delete it but every time I restart my
>> computer its there again. I'm not terribly computer savy so I need
>> help. How do I get this off my computer? Please Help!
>>

> AntiVirus programs detect it, but it takes AntiSpyware programs to
> remove it. These are popular, listed alphabetically.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoft.com/?domain=lava...aware_free.php
>
> Malwarebytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
>
> Spyware Doctor
> http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html

All this from 'trojan.dropper' - how do we know it didn't drop a virus
(which none of the above could find)?

How do we know it isn't a false declaration on some DLL used as a user
preference data store? I mean, shouldn't we find out what it is first?