Firewall settings?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

G Mail Account

Firewall settings?
How effective is the Vista Firewall to say, XP?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Firewall settings?
G Mail Account wrote:
> How effective is the Vista Firewall to say, XP?

Vista's built-in firewall is superior to that of WinXP, and intended to
meet the simpler needs of most home consumers (or business/enterprise
clients already ensconced behind more advanced perimeter defenses).
Vista's built-in Windows Firewall is more than adequate for most users,
but not particularly easy to configure.

There are two interfaces for Vistas built-in firewall:

1) A simplified one accessed through the Control Panel that is the only
one most people see.

2) And the more advanced "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
(WF.msc)," accessed via the Start Menu's Administrative Tools folder,
for the experienced user who wants better control.

One 3rd-party add-on (Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control
http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) can make the Vista Firewall a bit more
easily configurable.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
G Mail Account

Re: Firewall settings?
Really? Thats great! Thanks for the info : )