please help about BitLocker

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Burak Ogutken

please help about BitLocker
hello

sorry for bad english but i need some help
i encrypted my usb disk with Bitlocker and when i did this process he save
one file recovery file on my normal hard drive yesterday i forgat to make
backup that file and i made format on my computer and now i cannot reach my
usb disk he asking me recovery key and i remember that key in recovery
file please help me im so upset about this how can i resolve this i have
data in that usb until 5 years sources databases etc. please someone help me

thanks for all helps
FromTheRafters

Re: please help about BitLocker
"Burak Ogutken" <Burak Ogutken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5DD1A474-2F15-4A9D-B800-7CFB065A166D@microsoft.com...
> hello
>
> sorry for bad english but i need some help

There is no need to apologize for bad English, unless English is your
native language (and then there is no excuse aside from bad teaching).

> i encrypted my usb disk with Bitlocker and when i did this process he
> save
> one file recovery file on my normal hard drive yesterday i forgat to
> make
> backup that file

This is bad.

> and i made format on my computer

This is worse. You need special recovery software to see if the
information has not been overwritten yet (still resides on disk).

> and now i cannot reach my
> usb disk he asking me recovery key and i remember that key in
> recovery
> file please help me im so upset about this how can i resolve this i
> have
> data in that usb until 5 years sources databases etc. please someone
> help me

The encryption method wouldn't be worth much if it were easy to recover
from your dilemma. I fear that your only choice is to try to recover the
key from your now formatted disk.

http://www.google.com/search?q=data+...x=&startPage=1

Richard G. Harper

Re: please help about BitLocker
Unless you can recover the BitLocker key or a backup of the key you are
pretty much out of luck. It may be possible for a commercial data recovery
service to get your files back but that will mean paying lots of money.
There are no consumer-grade tools that can help at this point.