Stripped attachments

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

chico905

Stripped attachments
attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using Outlook) into
another computer using windows mail (vista) are stripped. Same attachment
from same specific computer using another email address (such as gmail)is
received correctly. Also attachment sent from and to same vista computer are
received ok. I cannot find which security switch may be causing the problem
chico905
Shenan Stanley

Re: Stripped attachments
chico905 wrote:
> attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using
> Outlook) into another computer using windows mail (vista) are
> stripped. Same attachment from same specific computer using another
> email address (such as gmail)is received correctly. Also attachment
> sent from and to same vista computer are received ok. I cannot
> find which security switch may be causing the problem ...

Servers can strip attachments - not everything happens on the client. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Gordon

Re: Stripped attachments

"chico905" <chico905@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using Outlook) into
> another computer using windows mail (vista) are stripped. Same attachment
> from same specific computer using another email address (such as gmail)is
> received correctly. Also attachment sent from and to same vista computer
> are
> received ok. I cannot find which security switch may be causing the
> problem

Check that the version of Outlook is NOT sending using the default format of
Rich Text. Only Outlook can read that format, therefore Windows Mail won't
see any attachments.

chico905 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stripped attachments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
"chico905" <chico905@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using Outlook) into
> another computer using windows mail (vista) are stripped. Same attachment
> from same specific computer using another email address (such as gmail)is
> received correctly. Also attachment sent from and to same vista computer
> are
> received ok. I cannot find which security switch may be causing the
> problem

Check that the version of Outlook is NOT sending using the default format of
Rich Text. Only Outlook can read that format, therefore Windows Mail won't
see any attachments.
This fixed the issue ... thanks.
Peter Foldes

Re: Stripped attachments
Anti Virus scanning of emails can also strip attachments

--
Peter

"chico905" <chico905@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using Outlook) into
> another computer using windows mail (vista) are stripped. Same attachment
> from same specific computer using another email address (such as gmail)is
> received correctly. Also attachment sent from and to same vista computer are
> received ok. I cannot find which security switch may be causing the problem
> chico905

Gordon

Re: Stripped attachments

> Anti Virus scanning of emails can also strip attachments

Yes it does, but the more likely cause when an Outlook user sends to a
non-Outlook user is the use of RTF email - the Outlook default.