> Is there a way I can restore the default permission settings on a hard
> drive. I have two drives my master which Vista runs on, and a secondary
> drive, with all my audio and video files I use for all my editing, plus
> my photos and music. I was messing around with the premission settings,
> and I am set as an Adminstrator, but now all my files are not
> accessible, I have tried to do a million things but I have to click so
> many windows just get to a file to use. Is there anything I can do to
> get back to the orignal settings!
"A million things", eh? Of course you didn't tell us even one of them so all
I can suggest is that you take ownership of the drive.
To take ownership of a folder (drive):
1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click
2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
3. Click Edit. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.
5. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this
folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
6. Click OK
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!