Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from Internet Access

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Wintrolls Lie

Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from Internet Access
Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
are unable to produce a secure operating system?

Elijah Baley

Re: Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from Internet Access
In article <h5h7od$2f8$1@news.albasani.net>,
Wintrolls Lie <wintrolls.lie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
> are unable to produce a secure operating system?

Amen to that, brother! This "piece of crap", aka Windows, should be
banned from the internet. It's a menace to civilization and a testimony
to the stupidity of man.

--
"Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."" -Forest Gump

"You can't fix stupid." -Jim White, local radio personality
7

Wintrolls Lie wrote:

> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
> are unable to produce a secure operating system?

Micosahft HQ should be raided and all products and source code
confiscated for facilitating global attacks to discover intent.

They should not be allowed to sell product until all their critical
bugs are fixed and under take to repair all critical bugs by day 2
using the default fix time for open source for critical bugs which
is usually no more than 24 hours as best practice guide.

Fa-groon

Re: Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from Internet Access
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 08:53:26 -0700, Elijah Baley wrote
(in article <lije-33CDC7.10532607082009@news.giganews.com>):

> In article <h5h7od$2f8$1@news.albasani.net>,
> Wintrolls Lie <wintrolls.lie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
>> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
>> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
>> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
>> are unable to produce a secure operating system?

> Amen to that, brother! This "piece of crap", aka Windows, should be
> banned from the internet. It's a menace to civilization and a testimony
> to the stupidity of man.

I'll vote for that!

John Slade

Wintrolls Lie wrote:
> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
> are unable to produce a secure operating system?

OS X has a Botnet it's called iBotnet. How do you know
that none of the attacks came from OS X boxes? How does an OS X
user know if they have iBotnet or not? If they did ban all
Windows PCs from the internet, they would be putting botnets on
UNIX(OS X) and Linux systems. You guys just DON'T get it.

John
7

John Slade wrote:

> Wintrolls Lie wrote:
>> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
>> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
>> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
>> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
>> are unable to produce a secure operating system?
>>

> OS X has a Botnet it's called iBotnet. How do you know
> that none of the attacks came from OS X boxes?

A clue might by found in your immense IQ rating.
That plus the world of 400 million botent owned windump PCs.

> How does an OS X
> user know if they have iBotnet or not? If they did ban all
> Windows PCs from the internet, they would be putting botnets on
> UNIX(OS X) and Linux systems. You guys just DON'T get it.
>
> John

Here is the source code for Linux http://www.kernel.org

Seeing as you got it, and have such immense IQ, please go
write a botnet for Linux and prove to the world
how much you got it, and upload the source code with appropriate
comments in the code to one of the repositories so that kernel maintainers
can read your code, understand it, and then compile
it and distribute it for you to dowstream users so that they
too can enjoy the benefits of your botnet.

Snit

Re: Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from InternetAccess
John Slade stated in post h5i1jj$9bu$1@news.eternal-september.org on 8/7/09
1:00 PM:

> Wintrolls Lie wrote:
>> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
>> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
>> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
>> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
>> are unable to produce a secure operating system?
>>

> OS X has a Botnet it's called iBotnet. How do you know
> that none of the attacks came from OS X boxes? How does an OS X
> user know if they have iBotnet or not? If they did ban all
> Windows PCs from the internet, they would be putting botnets on
> UNIX(OS X) and Linux systems. You guys just DON'T get it.
>
> John

We do not get "it", with "it" being malware. Windows users often do.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

bbgruff

John Slade wrote:

> Wintrolls Lie wrote:
>> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
>> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
>> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
>> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
>> are unable to produce a secure operating system?
>>

> OS X has a Botnet it's called iBotnet. How do you know
> that none of the attacks came from OS X boxes? How does an OS X
> user know if they have iBotnet or not? If they did ban all
> Windows PCs from the internet, they would be putting botnets on
> UNIX(OS X) and Linux systems. You guys just DON'T get it.

Certainly iBotnet exists.
The *only* way that is can spread is by downloading pirated copies of
software - currently pirated copies of iWork ’09 or Adobe Photoshop CS4 by
P2P. It can *not* replicate itself, and the only way that it spreads is
via such a pirated copy.
This is a long way removed from the way that Windows malware spreads!

Could it apply to Linux?
Presumably so. All that is needed is to download and run such code.
Odds are even more reduced though - how many Linux users do you suppose
pirate Linux software?

How would a OSX user know if he had it? Presumably by scanning his
computer?

You are quite right though - we categorically do *not* get it :-)

ray

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:47:10 +0000, Wintrolls Lie wrote:

> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter, facebook and google
> from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't it time for Windows to be blocked
> from any Internet access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions
> of SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because Microsoft
> are unable to produce a secure operating system?

A goal devoutly to be wished but, from a practical standpoint, probably
not gonna happen.
High Plains Thumper

Fa-groon wrote:
> Elijah Baley wrote:
>> Wintrolls Lie wrote:
>>
>>> Following the recent DDOS attacks against twitter,
>>> facebook and google from Microsoft Windows botnets isn't
>>> it time for Windows to be blocked from any Internet
>>> access? Microsoft Windows botnets also spew billions of
>>> SPAM email every day. Why should everyone suffer because
>>> Microsoft are unable to produce a secure operating system?
>>>

>> Amen to that, brother! This "piece of crap", aka Windows,
>> should be banned from the internet. It's a menace to
>> civilization and a testimony to the stupidity of man.

> I'll vote for that!

ME TOO! ME TOO! :-)

--
HPT