Force highestAvailable manifest application to run not elevated ?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Vilius MockŻnas

Force highestAvailable manifest application to run not elevated ?
Hi,

Here is my problem:
Application starts from HKLM/.../run key automatically under Vista OS. I
want it to start that way. App has manifest with highestAvailable execution
level. So if standard user logs on - app starts with no problems. But if
member of administrators group logs on - according to required execution
level - now app should launch elevated and UAC prevents it from starting
that way putting it in blocked app list - message "windows has blocked some
startup programs". Now I must do interactive actions to start application(I
intend it to start automatically).
The problem is that I don't need that application to start elevated - for
current app tasks standard user is sufficient. Application is not developed
by me so I can't change it's manifest.

So how do I force highestAvailable execution level application to run as
standard user always ?
Maybe there are other ways to bypass UAC "windows has blocked some startup
programs" by putting some exceptions ? Of course I want minimal impact on
other applications.

thanks
Vilius

Re: Force highestAvailable manifest application to run not elevated ?
You can change the manifest.
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
--
..