error unable to change parental controls

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

jan family

error unable to change parental controls
I am attempting to reinstate parental controls on a user account. I receive
an error unable to make changes to parental control settings. See
administrator. I am the administrator. I have done the fix of cmd adding an
administrator, I have done the sfc scannow, I've deleted the user with the
problem and added a new one. Nothing has worked. Other than third party
software, is there any fix for this bug?
Jim

Re: error unable to change parental controls
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:32:01 -0700, jan family
<janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am attempting to reinstate parental controls on a user account. I receive
>an error unable to make changes to parental control settings. See
>administrator. I am the administrator. I have done the fix of cmd adding an
>administrator, I have done the sfc scannow, I've deleted the user with the
>problem and added a new one. Nothing has worked. Other than third party
>software, is there any fix for this bug?

Did you log in to the Admin account ?
jan family

Re: error unable to change parental controls
yes

"Jim" wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:32:01 -0700, jan family
> <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >I am attempting to reinstate parental controls on a user account. I receive
> >an error unable to make changes to parental control settings. See
> >administrator. I am the administrator. I have done the fix of cmd adding an
> >administrator, I have done the sfc scannow, I've deleted the user with the
> >problem and added a new one. Nothing has worked. Other than third party
> >software, is there any fix for this bug?

> Did you log in to the Admin account ?

Jim

Re: error unable to change parental controls
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:57:01 -0700, jan family
<janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>yes
>
>"Jim" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:32:01 -0700, jan family
>> <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> >I am attempting to reinstate parental controls on a user account. I receive
>> >an error unable to make changes to parental control settings. See
>> >administrator. I am the administrator. I have done the fix of cmd adding an
>> >administrator, I have done the sfc scannow, I've deleted the user with the
>> >problem and added a new one. Nothing has worked. Other than third party
>> >software, is there any fix for this bug?

>> Did you log in to the Admin account ?

Have your children "got" at it ? ( played with the settings ? )
jan family

Re: error unable to change parental controls

Nope, it was me, all me!!! I had taken off the parental controls when my
daughter had some work to do that was just too difficult to do with the
controls on. When I went to put them back, I got the message "unable to make
changes to parental control settings. If the problem persists see your
system administrator". I am the administrator! I do have parental controls
on my other childrens' user, they still work and allow me to make changes,
but not on any other or new user. If you have any other suggestions I'd be
happy to try them.
Thanks!
"Jim" wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:57:01 -0700, jan family
> <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >yes
> >
> >"Jim" wrote:

> >> Did you log in to the Admin account ?
> >>

> Have your children "got" at it ? ( played with the settings ? )

alexdagr8est

Re: error unable to change parental controls

go into safe mode, right click my computer>manage>user accounts> there's
more advanced options in there to disable parental controls for user
account profiles.

--
alexdagr8est

If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]
jan family

Re: error unable to change parental controls

I could not find user accounts after going into manage. Is my computer the
same thing as computer under the start button?
"alexdagr8est" wrote:

> go into safe mode, right click my computer>manage>user accounts> there's
> more advanced options in there to disable parental controls for user
> account profiles.
>

> --
> alexdagr8est
>
> If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]

Bill Daggett

Re: error unable to change parental controls
jan family <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I could not find user accounts after going into manage. Is my computer the
>same thing as computer under the start button?

You need to go into Control Panel... you'll find what you need right
there.

>"alexdagr8est" wrote:
>

>> go into safe mode, right click my computer>manage>user accounts> there's
>> more advanced options in there to disable parental controls for user
>> account profiles.
>>

>> --
>> alexdagr8est
>>
>> If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
>> http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]

jan family

Re: error unable to change parental controls
I know where to go for the user accounts under control panel. I could not
find what the previous post suggested about going into safe mode, right
clicking my computer, etc. Under control panel and user accounts I continue
to get the error about unable to make changes to parental controls.

"Bill Daggett" wrote:

> jan family <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >I could not find user accounts after going into manage. Is my computer the
> >same thing as computer under the start button?

> You need to go into Control Panel... you'll find what you need right
> there.
>

> >"alexdagr8est" wrote:
> >

> >> go into safe mode, right click my computer>manage>user accounts> there's
> >> more advanced options in there to disable parental controls for user
> >> account profiles.
> >>

> >> --
> >> alexdagr8est
> >>
> >> If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
> >> http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]

Bill Daggett

Re: error unable to change parental controls
jan family <janfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I know where to go for the user accounts under control panel. I could not
>find what the previous post suggested about going into safe mode, right
>clicking my computer, etc. Under control panel and user accounts I continue
>to get the error about unable to make changes to parental controls.

You couldn't find it because the previous post (or the person who made
it) was full of poop.

I'm clueless why you can't make the changes. Sorry.