Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Antivirus Location

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2009
jmss36
 

Posts: n/a
Antivirus Location
Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
located in default?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2009
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Antivirus Location
Are you had have any Symantec "Norton" products running on
your machine? or McAfee?
-=-



"jmss36" wrote:

> Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
> failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
> recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
> located in default?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2009
jmss36
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Antivirus Location


"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Are you had have any Symantec "Norton" products running on
> your machine? or McAfee?
> -=-
> Nothing installed. The Norton trial period has ended, and I have uninstalled.
>
>
> "jmss36" wrote:
>
> > Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
> > failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
> > recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
> > located in default?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2009
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Antivirus Location
This link is to Symantec's Norton Removal Tool:
<http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039>
Run it at least two times, each time reboot after it has finished, before
you attempt to install your new anti-virus. Even Symantec's own tool
struggles to rid a computer of all Norton residue.


Ǝиçεl
-=-

"jmss36" wrote:

>
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
> > Are you had have any Symantec "Norton" products running on
> > your machine? or McAfee?
> > -=-
> > Nothing installed. The Norton trial period has ended, and I have uninstalled.
> >
> >
> > "jmss36" wrote:
> >
> > > Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
> > > failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
> > > recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
> > > located in default?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE HankL microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-22-2010 19:08
location is not available help Brad microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 01-07-2010 01:30
Google's 'My Location' Tracks PC's Location on Google Maps Steve Security News 0 07-10-2009 17:50
location is not available..? SeenuGuddu microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 05-23-2009 15:13
Dec. 8, 1993: Location, Location, Location Steve General Technology News 0 12-08-2008 06:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:53.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120