Firewall blocks ALL outgoing traffic though rules for passing exis

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydA==?=

Firewall blocks ALL outgoing traffic though rules for passing exis
I've asked this question some months ago. I still haven't found a solution.

What should be done?
In Microsoft's firewall all software can pass their traffic out to the
internet. This is very dangerous (e.g. keyloggers). Only software that was
allowed to should be able for outgoing traffic!

What have I done?
In extended configuration I blocked outgoing traffing for all profiles. I
set rules for browser software (internet explorer, mozilla), so that these
sofwware are allowed for outgoing traffic.

What is the problem?
The firewall blocks all traffic though. That's nice. But it also blocks the
browser though they are allowed to pass out the firewall.

What else can you tell us?
I use Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I use Avast!AntiVirus. Nothing else is
installed that could cause the problem.

Pictures from firewall setting (sorry, german text in it):
Pic1_Overview: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1...verviewwr0.gif
Pic2_Outgoing Rules:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6...ngrulesid3.gif

A friend of mine does it the same way as I. He has no problems with this
setting. I don't like to reinstall everything. Perhaps the problem exists
after all the work.

What's the settings now?
I had to set outgoing traffic back to allowed by default. I use rules that
deny outgoing traffic for some software. But this isn't a good solution. If I
have installed a software it can pass the firewall by default till I deny it.

Please give me a hint!

Curt
=?Utf-8?B?SmVzcGVy?=

RE: Firewall blocks ALL outgoing traffic though rules for passing exis
If you have keystroke loggers on your system you need one of these:
http://www.datadev.com/

To prevent it from happening again, you need one of these:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...i.0& MID=9876

No host-based firewall will stop a keystroke logger from communicating out.
Period. If it is running as you the keystroke logger will simply piggy-back
on an app you have allowed. If the keystroke logger is running as a service
it would have turned off the firewall when it installed.

---