windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

smsmom

windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
Hello,

I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in AD on
a Vista PC:
windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?

I am looking for solution for the error.

Scenario:
AD 2003
Vista enterprise installation
Office 2007 installed
McAfee installed
McAfee firewall is installed
Windows defender can be turned off

Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting the
system:
windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?

Any idea would help.

Thanks

THE C. [MS MVP]

RE: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!

Charles Richmond

"smsmom" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in AD on
> a Vista PC:
> windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>
> I am looking for solution for the error.
>
> Scenario:
> AD 2003
> Vista enterprise installation
> Office 2007 installed
> McAfee installed
> McAfee firewall is installed
> Windows defender can be turned off
>
> Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting the
> system:
> windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>
> Any idea would help.
>
> Thanks

JrFanGirl88

RE: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
Ok, I am sorry I am not a computer wiz but, you said McAfee is the cause. How
do you fix it?? Can't repair it Microsoft won't let me.

"THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote:

> McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
> --
> Computer/Software Tech.
>
> Make it a great day!
>
> Charles Richmond
>

> "smsmom" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in AD on
> > a Vista PC:
> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> >
> > I am looking for solution for the error.
> >
> > Scenario:
> > AD 2003
> > Vista enterprise installation
> > Office 2007 installed
> > McAfee installed
> > McAfee firewall is installed
> > Windows defender can be turned off
> >
> > Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting the
> > system:
> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> >
> > Any idea would help.
> >
> > Thanks

FromTheRafters

Re: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-328af16a9177

"JrFanGirl88" <JrFanGirl88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I am sorry I am not a computer wiz but, you said McAfee is the
> cause. How
> do you fix it?? Can't repair it Microsoft won't let me.
>

> "THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
>> --
>> Computer/Software Tech.
>>
>> Make it a great day!
>>
>> Charles Richmond
>>

>> "smsmom" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO
>> > in AD on
>> > a Vista PC:
>> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>> >
>> > I am looking for solution for the error.
>> >
>> > Scenario:
>> > AD 2003
>> > Vista enterprise installation
>> > Office 2007 installed
>> > McAfee installed
>> > McAfee firewall is installed
>> > Windows defender can be turned off
>> >
>> > Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after
>> > rebooting the
>> > system:
>> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>> >
>> > Any idea would help.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Marilene

Re: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
I don't have mcafere on my computer and it gives me the error but the code
it gives me is 8000408
I'm running windows vista and I have avg free

"JrFanGirl88" <JrFanGirl88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I am sorry I am not a computer wiz but, you said McAfee is the cause.
> How
> do you fix it?? Can't repair it Microsoft won't let me.
>

> "THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
>> --
>> Computer/Software Tech.
>>
>> Make it a great day!
>>
>> Charles Richmond
>>

>> "smsmom" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in
>> > AD on
>> > a Vista PC:
>> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>> >
>> > I am looking for solution for the error.
>> >
>> > Scenario:
>> > AD 2003
>> > Vista enterprise installation
>> > Office 2007 installed
>> > McAfee installed
>> > McAfee firewall is installed
>> > Windows defender can be turned off
>> >
>> > Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting
>> > the
>> > system:
>> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
>> >
>> > Any idea would help.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Abdillahi Hashi

RE: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
i got this error message 0x800106ba after i turned on my laptop, which says
service can not run.

frankly, i have exprecienced this problem when i installed McAfee antivirus.
If McAfee is the problem as you suggesting, well why microsoft is
recommending it to use?

"THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote:

> McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
> --
> Computer/Software Tech.
>
> Make it a great day!
>
> Charles Richmond
>

> "smsmom" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in AD on
> > a Vista PC:
> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> >
> > I am looking for solution for the error.
> >
> > Scenario:
> > AD 2003
> > Vista enterprise installation
> > Office 2007 installed
> > McAfee installed
> > McAfee firewall is installed
> > Windows defender can be turned off
> >
> > Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting the
> > system:
> > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> >
> > Any idea would help.
> >
> > Thanks

Manny Weisbord

Abdillahi Hashi <Abdillahi Hashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i got this error message 0x800106ba after i turned on my laptop, which says
>service can not run.
>
>frankly, i have exprecienced this problem when i installed McAfee antivirus.
>If McAfee is the problem as you suggesting, well why microsoft is
>recommending it to use?

Microsoft makes no specific recommendation about McAfee antivirus.
McAfee is the one making the recommendation.
joe

RE: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba
hi get the same message after installing mcfee - u r right microsoft do
recommend the virus software - when you go to windows security centre and
click on 'find virus software' it shows mcafee as one of the providers...

"Abdillahi Hashi" wrote:

> i got this error message 0x800106ba after i turned on my laptop, which says
> service can not run.
>
> frankly, i have exprecienced this problem when i installed McAfee antivirus.
> If McAfee is the problem as you suggesting, well why microsoft is
> recommending it to use?
>
> "THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > McAfee is problem. They are known for this with windows Defender.
> > --
> > Computer/Software Tech.
> >
> > Make it a great day!
> >
> > Charles Richmond
> >

> > "smsmom" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I got this error message after I turn off Windows defender via GPO in AD on
> > > a Vista PC:
> > > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> > >
> > > I am looking for solution for the error.
> > >
> > > Scenario:
> > > AD 2003
> > > Vista enterprise installation
> > > Office 2007 installed
> > > McAfee installed
> > > McAfee firewall is installed
> > > Windows defender can be turned off
> > >
> > > Disabling the Windows defender GPO results in the error after rebooting the
> > > system:
> > > windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba?
> > >
> > > Any idea would help.
> > >
> > > Thanks

pccare_himanshu

Re: windows defender application failed to initialize 0x800106ba

Copy paste each of the following, one after the other in Vista's start
menu search bar and hit Enter.

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll