Defender Error 0x8007139f.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

cherryan

Defender Error 0x8007139f.
if this duplicates i apologise but it appeared to crash on my when i tried to
pst it

defender identified two adware programs backed up by norton to my backup
drive. It offered to remove them and tells me it has suceeded. It then
identifies that they are still there and gives me the above error message
when i ask it to remove them again.
any suggestions

Andrew
Engel

RE: Defender Error 0x8007139f.
Hello Cherryan,

Please reboot into safe mode logged in as administrator and run a full
ªntivirus and spyware (open Windows Defender, on the scan page choose Scan
options > Full System Scan (check the boxes below) > click "Run Scan Now" )
scan with the latest signatures to see if that helps.

This isn't guaranteed, but it works for a great many items that at first
appear not to be cleaned in иºяmªl mºde.

Can't hurt to try SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

First - ensure you do not have "Vundo". Clean it up if you do.

It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

Your first priority must be to cleanse your PC of all malware.

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-

The trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (SAS):
<http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html>
-=-

<http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04/superantispyware-home-edition-free.html>
-=-

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM)
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36962>

SUPERAntiSpyware, together with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, are free malaware
scanning application's. Oh, and it sure doesn't hurt to have both of these
applications for multiple layers of protection.

Good luck
-=-

"cherryan" wrote:

> if this duplicates i apologise but it appeared to crash on my when i tried to
> pst it
>
> defender identified two adware programs backed up by norton to my backup
> drive. It offered to remove them and tells me it has suceeded. It then
> identifies that they are still there and gives me the above error message
> when i ask it to remove them again.
> any suggestions
>
> Andrew

cherryan