Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

system administrator policies prevent installation

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
trumpeter48
 

Posts: n/a
system administrator policies prevent installation
New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
change policies to allow installation of other software?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
Jimmy Brush
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation
Hello,

- What edition of Vista are you using?
- Are you joined to a domain?

- JB


"trumpeter48" <trumpeter48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:270923EC-E5F2-4A77-A269-BF2854690A0D@microsoft.com...
> New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
> administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
> change policies to allow installation of other software?
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
trumpeter48
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation
I am running Vista Home Premium, not joined to a domain.

I since have found out that if I go to users in the control panel and then
deactivate User Account Control, the issue disappears.

Thanks for your questions.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> - What edition of Vista are you using?
> - Are you joined to a domain?
>
> - JB
>
>
> "trumpeter48" <trumpeter48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:270923EC-E5F2-4A77-A269-BF2854690A0D@microsoft.com...
> > New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
> > administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
> > change policies to allow installation of other software?
> >
> >

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation
You can also right-click on the setup.exe of the program>Run as Admin.
--
Mad Mike


"trumpeter48" wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium, not joined to a domain.
>
> I since have found out that if I go to users in the control panel and then
> deactivate User Account Control, the issue disappears.
>
> Thanks for your questions.
>
> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > - What edition of Vista are you using?
> > - Are you joined to a domain?
> >
> > - JB
> >
> >
> > "trumpeter48" <trumpeter48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:270923EC-E5F2-4A77-A269-BF2854690A0D@microsoft.com...
> > > New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
> > > administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
> > > change policies to allow installation of other software?
> > >
> > >

> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
trumpeter48
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation
I'll remember that also. If I am logged in as the admin, isn't that good
enough?

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You can also right-click on the setup.exe of the program>Run as Admin.
> --
> Mad Mike
>
>
> "trumpeter48" wrote:
>
> > I am running Vista Home Premium, not joined to a domain.
> >
> > I since have found out that if I go to users in the control panel and then
> > deactivate User Account Control, the issue disappears.
> >
> > Thanks for your questions.
> >
> > "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > - What edition of Vista are you using?
> > > - Are you joined to a domain?
> > >
> > > - JB
> > >
> > >
> > > "trumpeter48" <trumpeter48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:270923EC-E5F2-4A77-A269-BF2854690A0D@microsoft.com...
> > > > New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
> > > > administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
> > > > change policies to allow installation of other software?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
oscar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation
Yes, if you are running as the Administrator, you should be able to install
new software. With UAC on a pop-up will ask for Administrator permission. If
you’re signed in as Administrator all you need to do is mouse click Yes or
Enter in most cases. With some old software that was designed for XP or even
Win 98 you may find it better to install the software using the Program
Compatibility Wizard. More information on this and UAC can be found in the
Start Menu > Help and Support. Also, Vista may have a problem with older
(crummy) software.

Overall, UAC should be turned back on for better system security, especially
if you’re sharing the computer with others, such as family.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...


"trumpeter48" wrote:

> I'll remember that also. If I am logged in as the admin, isn't that good
> enough?
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > You can also right-click on the setup.exe of the program>Run as Admin.
> > --
> > Mad Mike
> >
> >
> > "trumpeter48" wrote:
> >
> > > I am running Vista Home Premium, not joined to a domain.
> > >
> > > I since have found out that if I go to users in the control panel and then
> > > deactivate User Account Control, the issue disappears.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your questions.
> > >
> > > "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > - What edition of Vista are you using?
> > > > - Are you joined to a domain?
> > > >
> > > > - JB
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "trumpeter48" <trumpeter48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:270923EC-E5F2-4A77-A269-BF2854690A0D@microsoft.com...
> > > > > New to Vista, and I get an installer error that states "The system
> > > > > administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". How do I
> > > > > change policies to allow installation of other software?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2009
Nigel Fieldsend
 

Posts: n/a
Re: system administrator policies prevent installation

Hi I am trying to load Dragon naturally speaking 10 onto Vista home
premium and get the message The administrator has set policies to
prevent this installation.
I am the administrator, I have switches off U.A.C. and there is no
setup.exe on the program. This is because there are some prerequisits to
load first. You can use run as administrator to run the prerequisits but
the main program will not follow on and load afterwards.

Have you got any ideas please

Regards
Nigel


--
Nigel Fieldsend
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigel Fieldsend's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/nigel-fieldsend.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1077124.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"the system administrator has set policies to prevent installation =?Utf-8?B?RmxhZ3JlZW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 12-16-2009 03:34
Help! Error Message-->> The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation Katmandu microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-07-2008 15:09
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation Katmandu microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 06-12-2008 16:25
the system administrator has set policies to prevent installation SammyR microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 02-20-2008 22:40
"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when uninstalling Marcus Eriksson microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 05-19-2007 21:53




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120