Avira Update Nag Screen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Spirit

Avira Update Nag Screen
The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
ways to disable it?
MP Descartes

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
"Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote:

>The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
>full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
>ways to disable it?

Answered in another thread.

Next time cross-post instead of multi-post.

Mike Brannigan

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
"Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
> The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
> full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
> ways to disable it?

Maybe purchase the full version ?

Also unless you are actually noone@notthere.net you are causing unnecessary
junk mail to be sent to someone's mail servers , by using what you think us
a "fake" e-mail address for posting here without bothering to check the
existence of the domain in question
see
http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=notthere.net
As you can see notthere.net is a real domain and used by some one and I
doubt they are too happy about you using their domain name.
Before you pick a "fake" name for use in newsgroup be careful and check to
see if it is is in use or avoid trying to be cleaver and just use a
genuinely invalid address such as a .local name as these are not valid for
use as internet visible names.

--

Mike Brannigan

Spirit

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
Actually I did years ago, and it was grabbed by someone since
and I never checked again. Changed now.

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
news9E273E4-9C5E-4AAA-8B17-2A603B5583B8@microsoft.com...
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>> The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
>> full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
>> ways to disable it?

> Maybe purchase the full version ?
>
> Also unless you are actually noone@notthere.net you are causing
> unnecessary junk mail to be sent to someone's mail servers , by using what
> you think us a "fake" e-mail address for posting here without bothering to
> check the existence of the domain in question
> see
> http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=notthere.net
> As you can see notthere.net is a real domain and used by some one and I
> doubt they are too happy about you using their domain name.
> Before you pick a "fake" name for use in newsgroup be careful and check to
> see if it is is in use or avoid trying to be cleaver and just use a
> genuinely invalid address such as a .local name as these are not valid for
> use as internet visible names.
>

> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

Spirit

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
Yeah then I get yelled at by some other yahoo for cross posting.

A tip for you, next time you have a thought don't.

"MP Descartes" <martypdescartes@yahoo.spamstop.com> wrote in message
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote:
>
>>The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
>>full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
>>ways to disable it?

> Answered in another thread.
>
> Next time cross-post instead of multi-post.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting

Mike Brannigan

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
The domain you are currently using is currently not in use but IS available
see
http://www.networksolutions.com/doma...vailable=false
So if someone did register this domain then you would be causing them SPAM
too.
Just stop using a real domain name.
none@localhost is fine and will cause no problems and is accepted by your
news client that you are currently posting with.
--
Mike Brannigan

"Spirit" <noone@makeitgopoof.org> wrote in message
> Actually I did years ago, and it was grabbed by someone since
> and I never checked again. Changed now.
>
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
> news9E273E4-9C5E-4AAA-8B17-2A603B5583B8@microsoft.com...
>> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>>> The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
>>> full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
>>> ways to disable it?

>> Maybe purchase the full version ?
>>
>> Also unless you are actually noone@notthere.net you are causing
>> unnecessary junk mail to be sent to someone's mail servers , by using
>> what you think us a "fake" e-mail address for posting here without
>> bothering to check the existence of the domain in question
>> see
>> http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=notthere.net
>> As you can see notthere.net is a real domain and used by some one and I
>> doubt they are too happy about you using their domain name.
>> Before you pick a "fake" name for use in newsgroup be careful and check
>> to see if it is is in use or avoid trying to be cleaver and just use a
>> genuinely invalid address such as a .local name as these are not valid
>> for use as internet visible names.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Mike Brannigan

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Avira Update Nag Screen
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:38:00 -0800, "Spirit" <noone@makeitgopoof.org>
wrote:

> Yeah then I get yelled at by some other yahoo for cross posting.

Cross-posting is *much* better than mutiposting, and if someone
complains about it, you're right that he's a yahoo.

Multiposting just fragments the thread, so someone who answers in one
newsgroup doesn't get to see answers from others in another newsgroup.
And for those who read all the newsgroups the message is multiposted
to, they see the message multiple times instead of once (they would
see it only once if you correctly crossposted instead). This wastes
everyone's time, and gets you poorer help than you should get.

If you must send the same message to more than one newsgroup, please
do so by crossposting -- sending a single message simultaneously to
multiple newsgroups (but only to a *few* related newsgroups).

Please see "Multiposting vs Crossposting" at

> "MP Descartes" <martypdescartes@yahoo.spamstop.com> wrote in message
> > "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote:
> >
> >>The FREE version of Avira has a nag screen that pops up almost
> >>full screen when the auto-updater runs. Anyone know the three
> >>ways to disable it?

> > Answered in another thread.
> >
> > Next time cross-post instead of multi-post.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting

Please Reply to the Newsgroup