The Security Center service failed to start due to the following e

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

ronnell

The Security Center service failed to start due to the following e
Can't get security center services started, no suite installed, only Nod32
antivirus, superantispyware, and winpatrol active, can't start the service, i
been searching for weeks to no avail. keep getting the message:
The Security Center service failed to start due to the following error
The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
implement the service.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: The Security Center service failed to start due to the followinge
There may be a conflict with the antispyware programs installed and/or
Windows Defender. Is WD, specifically, the WD service Disabled ?

Not sure if superduperantispyware actively 'guards' the system and if it
does, it may be conflicting with WinPatrol if that's actively
monitoring, too.

If none of the above fit, try this first: Some Windows Vista functions
may not work, or Windows Vista may stop responding
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If no joy: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555962

If none of the above resolves the issue then you may need to
uninstall/reinstall NOD32. Suggest running the Windows Installer Cleanup
tool to remove all install info of NOD32 prior to reinstalling it:
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

ronnell wrote:

> Can't get security center services started, no suite installed, only Nod32
> antivirus, superantispyware, and winpatrol active, can't start the service, i
> been searching for weeks to no avail. keep getting the message:
> The Security Center service failed to start due to the following error
> The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not
> implement the service.

ronnell

Re: The Security Center service failed to start due to the followi
WD is disabled, I uninstalled superantispyware and still the same I was
running WD and it some time ago with no problem and it get along with
winpatrol, I can stop Nod32 services and see but I was running it some time
ago, its only the security center services that won't start thanks