Re FREE AVG

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

kizzysmum

Re FREE AVG

I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again .
Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling me
my systems security is OK ?

Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
AVG antivirus :huh:..

--
kizzysmum
Mark H

Re: Re FREE AVG
Might get a better response here:
http://freeforum.avg.com/

"kizzysmum" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
> problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
> just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again .
> Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
> another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
> try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling me
> my systems security is OK ?
>
> Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
> AVG antivirus :huh:..
>

> --
> kizzysmum

Jim

Re: Re FREE AVG
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:38:07 -0600, kizzysmum <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
>problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
>just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again .
>Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
>another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
>try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling me
>my systems security is OK ?
>
>Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
>AVG antivirus :huh:..

Sounds like AVG is now corrupt - look at this
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Victek

Re: Re FREE AVG
> I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
> problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
> just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again .
> Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
> another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
> try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling me
> my systems security is OK ?
>
> Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
> AVG antivirus :huh:..
>

> --

Sounds like the uninstall did not complete properly. As noted try Revo
Uninstaller. There may also be an AVG Removal Tool, but I'm not sure -
check the developer's website.

Gary Goldblum

Re: Re FREE AVG

kizzysmum;4057210 Wrote:
> I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
> problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
> just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again
> .
> Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
> another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
> try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling
> me
> my systems security is OK ?
>
> Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
> AVG antivirus :huh:..
>

> --
> kizzysmum

Hi kizzysmum-
Yep, freeforum.avg.com is the way to go. Be sure to enter all the info
they ask for or the first reply will be that you didn't give all the
info.....and waste your time. If you have v8 free, the biggest problem
lately is an "Invalid Update Control CTF File". There is a fix, check
out Big Al 43's sticky posted 10/30/08, with a link to FAQ#1567. Save
this, as you'll need it again! (Of course, this will be after your
successfull re-installation of AVGF8.)
It'll all be OK.....

--
Gary Goldblum
Gary Goldblum's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gary-goldblum.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

kizzysmum

Re: Re FREE AVG

Gary Goldblum;877303 Wrote:
> kizzysmum;4057210 Wrote:> > >
> > > I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
> > > problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
> > > just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again
> > > .
> > > Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
> > > another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
> > > try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling
> > > me
> > > my systems security is OK ?
> > >
> > > Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
> > > AVG antivirus :huh:..
> > >

> > > --
> > > kizzysmum > >

> Hi kizzysmum-
> Yep, freeforum.avg.com is the way to go. Be sure to enter all the
> info
> they ask for or the first reply will be that you didn't give all the
> info.....and waste your time. If you have v8 free, the biggest
> problem
> lately is an "Invalid Update Control CTF File". There is a fix, check
> out Big Al 43's sticky posted 10/30/08, with a link to FAQ#1567. Save
> this, as you'll need it again! (Of course, this will be after your
> successfull re-installation of AVGF8.)
> It'll all be OK.....
>

> --
> Gary Goldblum
> Gary Goldblum's Profile: 'Gary Goldblum's profile on TechArena
> Computer Hardware Support Forums of India'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/members/gary-goldblum.htm)
> View this thread: 'TechArena Community'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1064849.htm)
>
> 'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support
> Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

Hi Gary and all my other replies thank you for your help ..the AVG
forum was the way to go on this one .. the problem was solved very
quickly ..up and running again Yeharty:

--
kizzysmum