windows could not start the security center service on local computer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

ronnycopeh

windows could not start the security center service on local computer

sorry if I double post but I need to start my own thread to get help,
I have searched everywhere for a solution to starting the security
center, its on automatic but won't start and I get this message

"windows could not start the security center service on local
computer"
Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to
run in does not implement the service

--
ronnycopeh
ronnycopeh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ronnycopeh.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Engel

RE: windows could not start the security center service on local compu
Hello Ronny,

Try this: (Please follow each step)

Search for and delete all files "*.tmp"
Search for all files "temp" Delete the contents of them, do NOT delete the
folder.
Go to Control Panel
Click Internet Options
Click "Delete Cookies", click OK, may take a few minutes
Click "Delete Files"
Check "Delete all offline content" click OK, may take a few minutes
Click "Clear History" click Yes, may also take a few minutes
Perform Disk Cleanup checking all boxes except "Compress old files"
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Clean-up
-=-

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315246>
Reboot
-=-

Test this WGA diagnose test, connection to MS, that scripts working.
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/
Reboot
-=-

Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
Reboot
Try the
<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
and D/L your updates
-=-

If no joy
Do a full scan with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware.
-=-

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware.
There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free)
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"ronnycopeh" wrote:

> sorry if I double post but I need to start my own thread to get help,
> I have searched everywhere for a solution to starting the security
> center, its on automatic but won't start and I get this message
>
> "windows could not start the security center service on local
> computer"
> Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to
> run in does not implement the service
>

> --
> ronnycopeh
> ronnycopeh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ronnycopeh.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1063029.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

ronnycopeh

Re: windows could not start the security center service on local computer

Thanks for your help all the cleanup is done I have superantispyware
install and running in realtime, and I also have Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware installed, both came clean. I tried to run Dial-a-fix but
it won't run on Vista but still the problem exists.

--
ronnycopeh
ronnycopeh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ronnycopeh.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1063029.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Engel

Re: windows could not start the security center service on local c
Hi Ronny,

See if anything here helps.

Have you looked at :
<http://www.answers.com/The%20executable%20program%20that%20this%20service %20is%20configured%20>