security update

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

gary

security update
using vista home premium i have a problem with the latest security update
for my system- KB958644, with this update installed my computer will not go
to sleep, uninstall it as i have at the moment and the computer goes to
sleep as soon as i click on the sleep button, what is the best way to notify
microsoft of this problem, and should i in the meantime reinstall this
update.

many thanks

Gary

Malke

Re: security update
gary wrote:

> using vista home premium i have a problem with the latest security update
> for my system- KB958644, with this update installed my computer will not
> go to sleep, uninstall it as i have at the moment and the computer goes to
> sleep as soon as i click on the sleep button, what is the best way to
> notify microsoft of this problem, and should i in the meantime reinstall
> this update.

(thanks to MVP PA Bear)

Support for Windows Update:

subsidiary. *There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. *When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB958644).

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

gary

Re: security update

> gary wrote:
>
>> using vista home premium i have a problem with the latest security update
>> for my system- KB958644, with this update installed my computer will not
>> go to sleep, uninstall it as i have at the moment and the computer goes
>> sleep as soon as i click on the sleep button, what is the best way to
>> notify microsoft of this problem, and should i in the meantime reinstall
>> this update.

> (thanks to MVP PA Bear)

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB958644).

> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

hi malke, thanks for the information exactly what i was looking for.
gary