hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

pLu89

hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?

:sarc: i was wonder when i scan my computer with combofix.exe

this combofix.exe has deleted this winhelp.ini file and recognized this
file as malware...

hm...wanna sure about thiis...

before the file was removed.....
my computer always gettin laggy and always stuck...

wanna get some expert advice and opinion!

--
pLu89

1bit can change the world
1bitReVolUtiOnz
The Max

Re: hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:23:04 -0500, pLu89 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>:sarc: i was wonder when i scan my computer with combofix.exe
>
>this combofix.exe has deleted this winhelp.ini file and recognized this
>file as malware...
>
>hm...wanna sure about thiis...
>
>before the file was removed.....
>my computer always gettin laggy and always stuck...
>
>wanna get some expert advice and opinion!

Should have asked BEFORE you ran combofix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Second paragraph:

"Due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not
attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix
without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you
do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your
computer."

--
Max
pLu89

Re: hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?

ok....thanks max! hm....so what should i do now?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:22:17 -0500, pLu89 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>ok....thanks max! hm....so what should i do now?

Put your installation disc into the drive and...

(copied from KB929833)

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All
Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then
click Run as administrator.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces
incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

===

Don't know if it will help or not. If it won't, then you might have
to run a REPAIR of your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

--
Max
FromTheRafters

Re: hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?
I don't know for sure, but I have heard that SFC may retrograde
your patch level by replacing older versions from cab files if it
hasn't properly tracked your updates.

You may want to do updates again just to be sure.

"The Max" <max.i.mus@geemail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:22:17 -0500, pLu89 <guest@unknown-email.com>
> wrote:
>

>>ok....thanks max! hm....so what should i do now?

> Put your installation disc into the drive and...
>
> (copied from KB929833)
>
> Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All
> Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then
> click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces
> incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
>
> ===
>
> Don't know if it will help or not. If it won't, then you might have
> to run a REPAIR of your system.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html
>
> --
> Max

Jim

Re: hm....winhelp.ini is a MALWARE?

To wanna : try uninstalling combofix , and system restore .