Spyware

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

CB900F

Spyware
Dear: All...

Windows Defender got rid of a spyware that I picked up some how!?? , but
now, I am still having the following issue with my system... At start up
after I log in.. The following error message appears

Title of the windows is "Run DLL"
Error message : the specified module can not be found
"C:windows/system32/KhfDuTkc.dll"

I ran windows defender, and it did not pickup anything.. I also have
Kaspersky and it also did not find anything..

But this is one of the two files that windows defender original found as
spyware..

Where can I look and fix as to what is trying to load this DLL?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Spyware
Download the Free Version of Ad-Aware 2008 and scan your PC.
http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"CB900F" <cb900f2cnd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9DF69A1C-6D46-4E5C-A16E-C87E17438EEC@microsoft.com...
Dear: All...

Windows Defender got rid of a spyware that I picked up some how!?? , but
now, I am still having the following issue with my system... At start up
after I log in.. The following error message appears

Title of the windows is "Run DLL"
Error message : the specified module can not be found
"C:windows/system32/KhfDuTkc.dll"

I ran windows defender, and it did not pickup anything.. I also have
Kaspersky and it also did not find anything..

But this is one of the two files that windows defender original found as
spyware..

Where can I look and fix as to what is trying to load this DLL?

Malke

Re: Spyware
CB900F wrote:

> Dear: All...
>
> Windows Defender got rid of a spyware that I picked up some how!?? , but
> now, I am still having the following issue with my system... At start up
> after I log in.. The following error message appears
>
> Title of the windows is "Run DLL"
> Error message : the specified module can not be found
> "C:windows/system32/KhfDuTkc.dll"
>
> I ran windows defender, and it did not pickup anything.. I also have
> Kaspersky and it also did not find anything..
>
> But this is one of the two files that windows defender original found as
> spyware..
>
> Where can I look and fix as to what is trying to load this DLL?

That file belongs to the malware. If you are really sure your computer is
clean (and I wouldn't rely only on Defender, see the link below), you can
remove the reference to it in Startup.

Be sure the computer is clean first:

Uncheck the box next to the KhfDuTkc.dll in Startup:

Start Orb>Search box>type: msconfig and when it appears in the Results box
above, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Services.

Start Orb>Search box>type: services and when it appears in the Results box
above, right-click and choose "Run As Administrator". Confirm elevation as
needed.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke
--
MS-MVP