Can't delete files........ need help!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

news.microsoft.com

Can't delete files........ need help!
I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control
of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the
complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files
downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.

I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no
longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
"safety" features in control of my PC?

How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to do
almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm
stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows and OWN my
own machine?

FromTheRafters

Re: Can't delete files........ need help!
Unhide and activate the hidden administrator account and
you can run wide open as admin all you want to.

"news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
>I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control
>of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the
>complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted
>files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.
>
> I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I
> no
> longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
> complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
> "safety" features in control of my PC?
>
> How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to do
> almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm
> stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.
>
> PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows and OWN
> my own machine?

news.microsoft.com

"FromTheRafters" <erratic@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> Unhide and activate the hidden administrator account and
> you can run wide open as admin all you want to.

How is that done?

> "news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
>>I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control
>>of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the
>>complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted
>>files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.
>>
>> I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I
>> no
>> longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
>> complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
>> "safety" features in control of my PC?
>>
>> How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to
>> do almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but
>> I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.
>>
>> PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows and OWN
>> my own machine?

Mr. Arnold

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> Unhide and activate the hidden administrator account and
>> you can run wide open as admin all you want to.

> How is that done?

It has not changed since the last time you were given the link in another
newsgroup.

You were also given information on how to use Run As Administrator on the
Command Prompt, because the example in the link requires you to use Run As
Administrator to active the hidden administrator account.

The how-to(s) and the information is not going to change from one NG to the
next.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

FromTheRafters

Re: Can't delete files........ need help!
Go to Google.com and type "hidden administrator" into the search box.
Scroll through the plethora of results for how one can circumvent the
security of Windows Vista's UAC and more.

I can't really recommend anyone do this, especially if they are
incapable of finding out how to do so by themselves.

Sorry, that's http://www.google.com/