Folder that cannot be deleted

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

scott

Folder that cannot be deleted
Hi,
I currently have a folder on my desktop that cannot be renamed, deleted or
moved or opened.

i get the follow error message when trying to delete the folder:

Could not find this item
This is no longer located in C:\users\xxx\desktop. verify the item's
location and try again.

if i right click the folder and go to properties and then security i get the
following message:

the requested secuirty information is either unavailable or can't be
displayed.

regards,
scott

Engel

RE: Folder that cannot be deleted
Hello Scott,

Have you been doing this detection and cleaning work in safe mºde?

To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode, then hit ENTER.

Make sure that there are no other programs running, especially anti-virus
programs.

In safe mode, some of the protective services which these programs use to
ensure that they aren't removed, are not running, so they are easier to
remºve.

I would recommend you use both your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware product to do
a thorough scan in safe mode to make sure all remnants of the Spyware and
Trojans are removed.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"scott" wrote:

> Hi,
> I currently have a folder on my desktop that cannot be renamed, deleted or
> moved or opened.
>
> i get the follow error message when trying to delete the folder:
>
> Could not find this item
> This is no longer located in C:\users\xxx\desktop. verify the item's
> location and try again.
>

> if i right click the folder and go to properties and then security i get the
> following message:
>
> the requested secuirty information is either unavailable or can't be
> displayed.
>
> regards,
> scott

Brink

Re: Folder that cannot be deleted

Hello Scott,

This tutorial may be able to help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...vista-fix.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Jimmy Brush

Re: Folder that cannot be deleted
Hello,

What is the name of the folder?

- JB

"scott"
> Hi,
> I currently have a folder on my desktop that cannot be renamed, deleted or
> moved or opened.
>
> i get the follow error message when trying to delete the folder:
>
> Could not find this item
> This is no longer located in C:\users\xxx\desktop. verify the item's
> location and try again.
>

> if i right click the folder and go to properties and then security i get
> the following message:
>
> the requested secuirty information is either unavailable or can't be
> displayed.
>
> regards,
> scott

Richard G. Harper

Re: Folder that cannot be deleted
Have you tried rebooting since deleting the folder?

"scott" <smagowan@live.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I currently have a folder on my desktop that cannot be renamed, deleted or
> moved or opened.
>
> i get the follow error message when trying to delete the folder:
>
> Could not find this item
> This is no longer located in C:\users\xxx\desktop. verify the item's
> location and try again.
>

> if i right click the folder and go to properties and then security i get
> the following message:
>
> the requested secuirty information is either unavailable or can't be
> displayed.
>
> regards,
> scott

smagowan

Re: Folder that cannot be deleted
Hi,
many thanks for you're reply.
i have tired this but with no joy.
i have disabled everything down to a fine t and still nothing.
here is a screen shot of what i get

regards,
scott