Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Tinamarie2401

Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail

Hello,

This is my first post. This is also my first Vista system. I am having
a couple of problems that I think are all from the say thing.

I am unable to run system updates. I get error 80244019. I am Unable to
run windows defender. I get error 0x80244019. I try to access Hotmail
and unable to as well. Is there a way to fix these errors and allow me
to access Hotmail? I can access goggle just fine. Any help will be
great. Thank you,

Tinamarie

--
Tinamarie2401
Tinamarie2401's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tinamarie2401.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Paul Montgumdrop

Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail
Tinamarie2401 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first post. This is also my first Vista system. I am having
> a couple of problems that I think are all from the say thing.
>
> I am unable to run system updates. I get error 80244019. I am Unable to
> run windows defender. I get error 0x80244019. I try to access Hotmail
> and unable to as well. Is there a way to fix these errors and allow me
> to access Hotmail? I can access goggle just fine. Any help will be
> great. Thank you,
>
> Tinamarie

Error numbers don't mean a whole lot without the error message text.
Tinamarie2401

Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail

Both of the errors are that they are unable to update due to the errors
listed above. Error 80244019 is unable to update Microsoft secruity
updates. Error 0x80244019.is unable to update Microsoft Defender
updates.

Tinamarie2401 wrote:
> Both of the errors are that they are unable to update due to the errors
> listed above. Error 80244019 is unable to update Microsoft secruity
> updates. Error 0x80244019.is unable to update Microsoft Defender
> updates.

Well, the Windows Update center gives you more information as to the
cause of the failure. So what does it say about the two failures when
you View List of Updates, right-click the update line to to view the
error.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail
If you can't access Hotmail, update Vista, nor Defender, than there's a
communication issue occurring.

0x80244019 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
HTTP 404 - the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource
Identifier).

Which firewall is being used ?
What is the installed security software [antivirus, security suite,
antispyware, etc] ?

You could attempt to install the latest Version of the Windows Update
Agent [WUA] with the installed antivirus/3rd party firewall temporarily
disabled BUT, if the communication issue is related to the above, the
issue will reoccur.

AU Check (v78)
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset/Rele...eleaseId=17263

Go to the above page, download, and *save* au_check_v78_codeplex.exe .
Once the download completes, close all open browsers and programs.

*** Temporarily disable the installed AV and any 3rd party firewall.
Consult the UserGuide or Help files of the above software or, read this:

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware
Programs

ENABLE the native Vista firewall as the system will need to be online in
order to download the WUA ***

*RIGHT* click au_check_v78_codeplex.exe and choose 'Run as
administrator'. Follow the prompts.
Allow some time for the required updating software to install.
Reboot afterwards even if not prompted to.

Reenable the security software and *disable* the native Vista firewall
IF another is being used.

See if the system can update now.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Tinamarie2401 wrote:

> Both of the errors are that they are unable to update due to the errors
> listed above. Error 80244019 is unable to update Microsoft secruity
> updates. Error 0x80244019.is unable to update Microsoft Defender
> updates.

Tinamarie2401

Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail

I fixed it! I updated the Bios and everything is working fine! My
friend, who owns the laptop, had not updated the computer since the
problem occured. I manually updated the Bios and it works just fine now.
Thanks to everyone for all the help!

--
Tinamarie2401
Tinamarie2401's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tinamarie2401.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1049197.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail
Nice work, Tinamarie2401. Would you please post the model number and
manufacturer of the laptop ?
Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY