Computer configuration in Group Policy not enforced in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Krisani

Computer configuration in Group Policy not enforced in Vista
I have a Vista and XP machine joined to a domain.
The computer configuration in a group policy is not getting applied
on the Vista machine. But user configuration is applied without any
issues.

I dont see any errors in the group policy eventlog except for
the informational message that the Group policy was filtered out
Default Domain Policy
Denied (Security)

Running gpresult on the Vista machine shows NULL SID listed in
the group membership even though the DC seems to be sending
Domain Computers(515) in the group membership attribute

I also see NULL SID in the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Group
Policy\GroupMembership

Both user and computer configuration works fine on XP.

Why is NULL SID and not Domain Computers appearing in the group membership
when I run gpresult.
Is there any difference in the way the Group membership is derived in XP and
Vista?

Any information on this issue would be appreciated.
PassPlay

RE: Computer configuration in Group Policy not enforced in Vista
May be a silly question, but do you have you checked the security settings to
verify that systems have the "Apply GPO" selected