no password login will work

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

henryspl

no password login will work

Here is one I have not seen explained. I can create a new user account
and assign a password then when I log out and attempt to log into the
new account with the password, it says the password is wrong. I can
however use that account name if it is an admin to edit things that
require admin privelages from another user account using the password I
originally assigned. I know the password of the original admin and it
also works when doing things requiring admin privelages but I can't
login to that one either. The only login that works is one not requiring
a password. My machine is setup to automatically login to a user account
w/o password right now.
Help?

--
henryspl
mansrm81

Re: no password login will work

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...isk.html?ltr=P

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

'=User%20Accounts\"]http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67567-administrator-account.html?filter[11]=User%20Accounts'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...nt.html?filter[11)

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep .
Paul Montgumdrop

henryspl wrote:
> Here is one I have not seen explained. I can create a new user account
> and assign a password then when I log out and attempt to log into the
> new account with the password, it says the password is wrong. I can
> however use that account name if it is an admin to edit things that
> require admin privelages from another user account using the password I
> originally assigned. I know the password of the original admin and it
> also works when doing things requiring admin privelages but I can't
> login to that one either. The only login that works is one not requiring
> a password. My machine is setup to automatically login to a user account
> w/o password right now.
> Help?

See if you can activate the account to see if you trouble shoot.

<http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/>
<http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_administrator_activate.htm>

You can also burn a copy of Ultimate boot CD, boot off of it, use the
utility to reset psw for existing accounts. You should get the Vista
version.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
beoweolf

Re: no password login will work
Is this account on a workgroup or Domain? Are your TCP/IP values correct for
the network? If it is a Domain, then check your logs for logon errors, check
FSMO roles. Check DNS, make sure the device is properly registered and ADUC
to make sure the node is recognized on the domain.

"henryspl" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Here is one I have not seen explained. I can create a new user account
> and assign a password then when I log out and attempt to log into the
> new account with the password, it says the password is wrong. I can
> however use that account name if it is an admin to edit things that
> require admin privelages from another user account using the password I
> originally assigned. I know the password of the original admin and it
> also works when doing things requiring admin privelages but I can't
> login to that one either. The only login that works is one not requiring
> a password. My machine is setup to automatically login to a user account
> w/o password right now.
> Help?
>

> --
> henryspl

henryspl

Re: no password login will work

The PC is a member of a workgroup but why would that mess up user login?
I am working directly on the machine here.

--
henryspl