quamoyk.exe

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

jp abel

quamoyk.exe
This program is running on my session. I find no information on Google or
others group about the use of this program, but i encounter some popup on my
explorer sessions. Trend antivirus doesn t detect any spamware or virus,
neither does the Norton security check.

Any information about this program ?

mansrm81

Re: quamoyk.exe

You have been infected with spyware. Download and run these programs
also see if you can stop the process in the taskmanager under processes.

'The home of Spybot-S&D!' (http://www.spybot.info/index2.html)

'Ad-Aware 2008 Free - Lavasoft'
(http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php)

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep .
Paul Montgumdrop

Re: quamoyk.exe
jp abel wrote:
> This program is running on my session. I find no information on Google
> or others group about the use of this program, but i encounter some
> popup on my explorer sessions. Trend antivirus doesn t detect any
> spamware or virus, neither does the Norton security check.
>
> Any information about this program ?

If it's something that's running on your computer, it's something like
an exe and you don't know what it is, then simply delete the exe off of
the system. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: quamoyk.exe

"jp abel" <jpabel@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> This program is running on my session. I find no information on Google
> or others group about the use of this program, but i encounter some
> popup on my explorer sessions. Trend antivirus doesn t detect any
> spamware or virus, neither does the Norton security check.
>
> Any information about this program ?

It is probably a Trend antivirus process. Trend uses random .exe names
to try to hide itself from virus programs that are designed to kill
antivirus software.

That said, your explorer popups indicate you may have some spyware or
other malware on your system. Install and run a good anti-spyware
product like Spybot-S&D or Ad-Aware as recommended by others.

Hope this helps.
--
Zaphod

No matter where you go, there you are!

Peter Foldes

Re: quamoyk.exe
It is a Spyware. You have been infected

Run Malwarebytes and Spybot etc

--
Peter

"jp abel" <jpabel@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:B9F25988-81C2-4280-800B-8A51CBEC3E95@microsoft.com...
> This program is running on my session. I find no information on Google or
> others group about the use of this program, but i encounter some popup on my
> explorer sessions. Trend antivirus doesn t detect any spamware or virus,
> neither does the Norton security check.
>
> Any information about this program ?

Leonard Agoado

Re: quamoyk.exe

"jp abel" <jpabel@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> This program is running on my session. I find no information on
> Google or others group about the use of this program, but i
> encounter some popup on my explorer sessions. Trend antivirus
> doesn t detect any spamware or virus, neither does the Norton
> security check.

jp,

Submit the file to virustotal and report back the results...
http://www.virustotal.com/

regards,

Leonard Agoado
agoado@msn.com