Cannot Delet File

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rdwharley

Cannot Delet File

When I click the Windows Start button, then view Recent Items I have a
file there that I cannot delete. When I go to the folder it shows it is
located, it does not show up on the list of files.

Is this a virus? Is there a way to delete this file from my computer?

Using Vista Home Preferred 32bit.

--
rdwharley
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Cannot Delet File
"rdwharley" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> When I click the Windows Start button, then view Recent Items I have a
> file there that I cannot delete. When I go to the folder it shows it is
> located, it does not show up on the list of files.
>
> Is this a virus? Is there a way to delete this file from my computer?
>
> Using Vista Home Preferred 32bit.

We could tell more if we knew the folder name and file name.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Wayne

Re: Cannot Delet File
There are so many items there that are not answered or told to us that we
cannot make that decision or give you a definitive answer based upon the
information provided however:

The first thing to be done is to check the integrity of the drive. Look in
the system log files and see if you see any disk errors. This will be a
major cause of you right clicking on a file and choosing delete and it not
going to the recycle bin. Now if it is going but it comes back then yes you
may have a rogue program or a viral infection.

If you would like to know more about this, please post in my forum:
www.scrfix.com/computer-repair-forums/

Wayne

"rdwharley" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> When I click the Windows Start button, then view Recent Items I have a
> file there that I cannot delete. When I go to the folder it shows it is
> located, it does not show up on the list of files.
>
> Is this a virus? Is there a way to delete this file from my computer?
>
> Using Vista Home Preferred 32bit.
>

> --
> rdwharley

Mike

Re: Cannot Delet File
You may have deleted the file. "Recent files" is registry data and your
item won't go away until the cache is full and it is replaced by another
recent file.