Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

eganders

Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
I set up the scheduler to run a set of DOS commands. It works for a
while then quits saying that it has a "launch failure" and the
password is bad. The error value is Error Value: 2147943726

Now, if I re-enter my user name and password (the same one as last
time) as the user account (this is an administrative account), it
works again for a while. I have it set to run even if I am not logged
on and at the "highest" level.

Why does it run for about 1/2 to 3/4 of a week and then quit. So damn
madening. Seems like the Vista Security has a BUNCH of these really
screwed up problems.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
eganders

Re: Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
For goodness sake! Is there no one that can answer this scheduler
question???
Paul Montgomery

Re: Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:17:39 -0700 (PDT), eganders
<eganders@yahoo.com> wrote:

>For goodness sake! Is there no one that can answer this scheduler
>question???

You really need to work on your patience.

On Sep 24, 2:29*pm, Paul Montgomery <i.m.nonnym...@NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:17:39 -0700 (PDT), eganders
>
> <egand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >For goodness sake! *Is there no one that can answer this scheduler
> >question???

> You really need to work on your patience.

Maybe so, but when it comes to "security", I don't have much patience
to work on....

I am just waiting for the day they pull me out of the line at the
airline security, because I have a very disgusted look on my face the
whole time I am going through airport security.
Paul Montgumdrop

eganders wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2:29 pm, Paul Montgomery <i.m.nonnym...@NOSPAMgmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:17:39 -0700 (PDT), eganders
>>
>> <egand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> For goodness sake! Is there no one that can answer this scheduler
>>> question???

>> You really need to work on your patience.

> Maybe so, but when it comes to "security", I don't have much patience
> to work on....
>
> I am just waiting for the day they pull me out of the line at the
> airline security, because I have a very disgusted look on my face the
> whole time I am going through airport security.

Show a little patience at the airport, and it will happen for you. :-P

On Sep 25, 1:43*pm, Paul Montgumdrop <P...@Montgumdrop.com> wrote:
> eganders wrote:
> > On Sep 24, 2:29 pm, Paul Montgomery <i.m.nonnym...@NOSPAMgmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> You really need to work on your patience.

> > Maybe so, but when it comes to "security", I don't have much patience
> > to work on....

> > I am just waiting for the day they pull me out of the line at the
> > airline security, because I have a very disgusted look on my face the
> > whole time I am going through airport security.

> Show a little patience at the airport, and it will happen for you. :-P- Hide quoted text -

Well... The scheduler is still working today. Imagine that!

Of course something had to not work smoothly... My PPC update took a
few times before it synced the data between it and my Vista Computer.
Not sure how much of an "improvement" the Mobile Device Center is in
Vista over ActiveSync.
Paul Montgumdrop

eganders wrote:
> On Sep 25, 1:43 pm, Paul Montgumdrop <P...@Montgumdrop.com> wrote:
>> eganders wrote:
>>> Maybe so, but when it comes to "security", I don't have much patience
>>> to work on....
>>> I am just waiting for the day they pull me out of the line at the
>>> airline security, because I have a very disgusted look on my face the
>>> whole time I am going through airport security.

>> Show a little patience at the airport, and it will happen for you. :-P- Hide quoted text -

> Well... The scheduler is still working today. Imagine that!
>
> Of course something had to not work smoothly... My PPC update took a
> few times before it synced the data between it and my Vista Computer.
> Not sure how much of an "improvement" the Mobile Device Center is in
> Vista over ActiveSync.

What can I say? You seem to be a pessimistic type of person.
eganders

Re: Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
Well, it has been nearly a week and my question has still not been
answered. Come to think of it, my questions on Vista security seem to
stump everyone, no matter HOW SIMPLE....

The question, reiterated, IS

I set up the scheduler to run a set of DOS commands. It works for a
while then quits saying that it has a "launch failure" and the
password is bad. The error value is Error Value: 2147943726

Now, if I re-enter my user name and password (the same one as last
time) as the user account (this is an administrative account), it
works again for a while. I have it set to run even if I am not
logged
on and at the "highest" level.

This has happened again since I asked the question. It is now working
fine for about 4 days or so. NOT A GOOD THING!!!!
Paul Montgomery

Re: Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 04:55:57 -0700 (PDT), eganders
<eganders@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Well, it has been nearly a week and my question has still not been
>answered. Come to think of it, my questions on Vista security seem to
>stump everyone, no matter HOW SIMPLE....

If they're so damned simple, you should be able to answer them on your
own with a little Googling.
FromTheRafters

Re: Scheduler works then quits. Wants password AGAIN--why??
Aside from the 'stop the task if it runs longer than 3 days' setting
I don't have a answer for you - have you tried tech support?