Subject: Vista User Account Conrol - Unblock Adobe Flashplayer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Brew

By mistake, I told Vista's UAC to block Adobe Flashplayer 10. Now, UAC won't
let me reinstall it.

I keep getting a message from UAC, "This program has been blocked. Your
administrator set policy to block this program - flashplayer10_install_
activeX...., Untrusted Publisher"

Anyone know how I can get Vista to allow the installation of this program?
Any help will be appreciated.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Subject: Vista User Account Conrol - Unblock Adobe Flashplayer
Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157

or direct download:

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller.

Then visit:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

and click on "Install Now".

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...9166&sliceId=2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Brew" <Brew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news7BC0392-3144-4DA5-ADA6-E023FA92AF79@microsoft.com...
By mistake, I told Vista's UAC to block Adobe Flashplayer 10. Now, UAC won't
let me reinstall it.

I keep getting a message from UAC, "This program has been blocked. Your
administrator set policy to block this program - flashplayer10_install_
activeX...., Untrusted Publisher"

Anyone know how I can get Vista to allow the installation of this program?
Any help will be appreciated.

Brew

Re: Subject: Vista User Account Conrol - Unblock Adobe Flashplayer
I am still having trouble!

When I try to download the the flashplayer uninstaller, I get a Security
Warning that "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your
machine"...in this case the publisher is Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Do you know how I can unblock this publisher??

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
>
> or direct download:
>
> Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller:
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller.
>
> Then visit:
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
>
> and click on "Install Now".
>
> Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...9166&sliceId=2
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "Brew" <Brew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news7BC0392-3144-4DA5-ADA6-E023FA92AF79@microsoft.com...
> By mistake, I told Vista's UAC to block Adobe Flashplayer 10. Now, UAC won't
> let me reinstall it.
>

> I keep getting a message from UAC, "This program has been blocked. Your
> administrator set policy to block this program - flashplayer10_install_
> activeX...., Untrusted Publisher"
>
> Anyone know how I can get Vista to allow the installation of this program?
> Any help will be appreciated.

Paul Montgumdrop

Brew wrote:
> I am still having trouble!
>
> When I try to download the the flashplayer uninstaller, I get a Security
> Warning that "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your
> machine"...in this case the publisher is Adobe Systems Incorporated.
>
> Do you know how I can unblock this publisher??

What's wrong with Google?

<copied>

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/privacy/ieprivacy_pr7.mspx>

Untrusted Publishers
When you choose to download software from the Internet to your computer
with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Authenticode technology is used to
help verify the identity of the software's publisher. Authenticode
technology checks the software for a valid certificate or signature
(that the identity of the software publisher matches the signature and
that the signature is still valid). Note that this does not prevent a
poorly written program from being downloaded or run on your computer.

Internet Explorer's Untrusted Publishers feature allows you to block the
installation of software from publishers you do not trust. When signed
software (such as an ActiveX control) is about to be installed from a
website, Internet Explorer's Authenticode dialog will ask you whether
you want to install the software. You may choose to:

• Install the software, or

• Trust all content from that software publisher so that it will be
installed in the future without asking you, or

• Block signed software from that publisher.

When you indicate software should be blocked, the certificate used to
sign the software is placed on a block list. Any software signed with a
blocked certificate will not be installed. Some publishers use different
certificates to sign their software so you may be asked multiple times
whether you wish to block software from a given publisher. The block
list applies to all users of your computer and can only be modified by a
user who is an administrator.

To unblock a software publisher:

1.
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet
Options.

2.
On the Content tab, in the Certificates section, click Certificates.

3.
Select the Untrusted Publisher tab.

4.
Select the Publisher you wish to unblock and click the Remove button.

Brew

Re: Subject: Vista User Account Conrol - Unblock Adobe Flashplayer
That solved the problem, thank you.