Administrator Rights problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

dkshah

Administrator Rights problem

hi...i have install windows vista home on toshiba laptop.
in my laptop there is one user only me..administrator
in my system there is only one drive C.
by mistake i set all permission for C drive for administrator means for
me to set deny.
so now i can't access my C drive..it say that access is denied.
i can only use and see desktop now nothing else.
and access denied most of the services..
so plz help me...

--
dkshah
Peter Foldes

Re: Administrator Rights problem
Boot in with or as Administrator and without password then change it back

--
Peter

"dkshah" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:760998599d1f1a8d164003193a1c9157@nntp-gateway.com...

> hi...i have install windows vista home on toshiba laptop.
> in my laptop there is one user only me..administrator
> in my system there is only one drive C.
> by mistake i set all permission for C drive for administrator means for
> me to set deny.
> so now i can't access my C drive..it say that access is denied.
> i can only use and see desktop now nothing else.
> and access denied most of the services..
> so plz help me...
>

> --
> dkshah

FromTheRafters

Re: Administrator Rights problem
"dkshah" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi...i have install windows vista home on toshiba laptop.

Did this myself recently.

> in my laptop there is one user only me..administrator

There should be two:

1) Administrator (for administration)
2) Standard User (For day to day use)

> in my system there is only one drive C.

You see only one drive (C: drive), same here.

> by mistake i set all permission for C drive for administrator means for
> me to set deny.
> so now i can't access my C drive..it say that access is denied.

Had you done this in a Standard User account, you would have
the Administrator account to fall back on to "undo" this mistake.

> i can only use and see desktop now nothing else.
> and access denied most of the services..
> so plz help me...

Can't you use the same method you used to change the permissions to
"deny" to change them back to "Full Control" or "Allow" or whatever
it was before?

Right click on the drive icon and select "Properties"
Click the "security" tab
Click the "edit" button
Highlight "administrators"
check the "allow" box next to the "full control" item - the deny checks
should go away.

Okay your way out and reboot.

FromTheRafters

Re: Administrator Rights problem
In case you get "denied access" to the right click "properties"
route, you may want to create a standard user account and
use that to access this route.

Does "Control Panel" appear if you press the "Windows" key
and "r" at the same time and type "control" and enter?

If so - create a new user account as "Standard User" and
log into it to navigate to the settings.

"dkshah" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> hi...i have install windows vista home on toshiba laptop.
> in my laptop there is one user only me..administrator
> in my system there is only one drive C.
> by mistake i set all permission for C drive for administrator means for
> me to set deny.
> so now i can't access my C drive..it say that access is denied.
> i can only use and see desktop now nothing else.
> and access denied most of the services..
> so plz help me...
>

> --
> dkshah

dkshah

Re: Administrator Rights problem

ya i did...
i have only user..name is dkshah(as a administrator)
when i click on properties and select on security tab but there is no
edit options like that and everything is denied for me..
and ya i cant allow me to create new user..
ya i can see that options but when i click on that nothing to happened.
and also i cant restore my system..

--
dkshah
FromTheRafters

> ya i did...
> i have only user..name is dkshah(as a administrator)
> when i click on properties and select on security tab but there is no
> edit options like that and everything is denied for me..
> and ya i cant allow me to create new user..
> ya i can see that options but when i click on that nothing to happened.
> and also i cant restore my system..

Do you have access to someone who can help you locally?
You may need to activate the hidden administrator account
or add a standard user by way of the command prompt to
fight your way out of this.

Do you have the installation disk?

dkshah

Re: Administrator Rights problem

yes i have installation disk

--
dkshah
FromTheRafters

Re: Administrator Rights problem
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial147.html

See if the repair or restore options in there help any.