was locked oout of my laptop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

fusty91574

was locked oout of my laptop
I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to change my
password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on and it immeditely
prompts me for a password in order to access the desktop. how can i reset the
password that has been changed so i can use my laptop.

mansrm81

Re: was locked oout of my laptop

-http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/102005-reset-user-account-password.html
-

--
mansrm81
Mick Murphy

RE: was locked oout of my laptop

Download the above ISO file and make a Bootable CD from it.
Set your failed computer to boot from the DVD Drive, boot with the above,
and set your password to be blank.

Read all info on how to use at above site.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"fusty91574" wrote:

> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to change my
> password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on and it immeditely
> prompts me for a password in order to access the desktop. how can i reset the
> password that has been changed so i can use my laptop.

GreenieLeBrun

fusty91574 wrote:
> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
> change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
> and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
> desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
> use my laptop.

Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password -
the methods vary from make to make.

DDW

"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote:

>fusty91574 wrote:
>> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
>> change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
>> and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
>> desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
>> use my laptop.

>Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
>you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password -
>the methods vary from make to make.

It sounds more like the password to access the OP's Windows account
has been changed (if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
stolen computer here)..

If the BIOS password has been set, then this might help:

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml

DDW
No email please
fusty91574

Re: was locked oout of my laptop
When I turn on my laptop it prompts me for the password to boot up which i
know, it wasnt changed then it boots up to the user screen and that is where
the other password was changed that i do not know.

GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
>> change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
>> and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
>> desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
>> use my laptop.

>Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
>you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password -
>the methods vary from make to make.

>im allowed to enter the password to boot up the computer, it was never changed but then when it goes to the user account, it is there that it requests the other password to access the desktop or any other feature of my laptop.

vanilla

Re: was locked oout of my laptop
DDW: <<(if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
> stolen computer here)..>> ... yeah, that thought occurred to me also ...

It took me awhile but I found the reference that I remembered reading about
how to recover from this but I had second thoughts about posting it ... but,
assuming he is legit .... vanilla

"DDW" <ddwright@KILLSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> "GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>fusty91574 wrote:
>>> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
>>> change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
>>> and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
>>> desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
>>> use my laptop.

>>Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
>>you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS
>>password -
>>the methods vary from make to make.

> It sounds more like the password to access the OP's Windows account
> has been changed (if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
> stolen computer here)..
>
> If the BIOS password has been set, then this might help:
>
> http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml
>
> DDW
> No email please

vanilla

Re: was locked oout of my laptop
Fusty ... are you unable to contact the person who did this to you ... to
find out the new password? Is it possible they changed it to a blank
password? Also, which version operating system are you talking about? Vista
Home Premium? Ultimate? Something else?

Next step ... is there an Administrator account on your laptop for which you
have the password? If there is, you can log on as that Administrator
account, go to Orb (Start) --> Control Panel --> User Accounts, and click on
'manage another account'. Choose your account that you need to get back into
and change the password. Big Note: you will probably lose any files that you
have encrypted using Windows File Encryption (if you did that) and also
stored website passwords (you'll have to set all that back up from scratch.)
But this will help you to recover your account.

In the future, in User Accounts, create a Password Reset Disk for every
account for which you are allowed access. You can use floppies or USB
drives. Keep the floppies or USB drives in a safe place. And this works ...
I have had to use a Password Reset Disk ... they are gold when you need them
.... there are other things you can do but this is one way to get back in
business ... good luck ... vanilla

"fusty91574" <u46245@uwe> wrote in message news:8a435f5f57a9c@uwe...
> GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>>> I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
>>> change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
>>> and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
>>> desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
>>> use my laptop.

>>Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
>>you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS
>>password -
>>the methods vary from make to make.

>>im allowed to enter the password to boot up the computer, it was never
>>changed but then when it goes to the user account, it is there that it
>>requests the other password to access the desktop or any other feature of
>>my laptop.

mansrm81

Re: was locked oout of my laptop

Follow the link in my post.