Help!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Eienaoi

Help!
Alright so I've been completely perplexed here. I run Windows Vista on~

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
ATI Radeon X1250
2GB RAM

and I work as a 3D Modeler. I use alot of programs such as Torque Game
Builder and 3Ds MAX. Now I've disabled UAC and Windows Defender and the
problem still persists.
When I'm running say 3Ds MAX (happens with most of my developer apps)
and I go to save, or open a file, certain folders will cause the entire
application to crash; and this is WHILE saving.. so you can see my urgency.
Can anyone offer a solution?
Thanks

Theory of Everything

Re: Help!
Are those programs compatible with vista?

ARE YOU SURE? 3dstudio max is autodesk as far as I can remember.. they are
very careful to say what OS is supported for their programs.

> Can anyone offer a solution?

Yes for serious work, as a professional of any kind, I always advise people
to use XP, that is faster, more stable, more compatible, and has a simpler
interface than vista.

Musicians, graphic artists, animators, and all the like prefer XP over
vista. Your computer will run faster too..... you will get 20% ++ if you use
XP.

if you don’t like what I say, try disabling aero and using the classic
theme, perhaps it’s the aero 3d acceleration that is creating your problem

"Eienaoi" <Eienaoi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Alright so I've been completely perplexed here. I run Windows Vista on~
>
> AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
> ATI Radeon X1250
> 2GB RAM
>
> and I work as a 3D Modeler. I use alot of programs such as Torque Game
> Builder and 3Ds MAX. Now I've disabled UAC and Windows Defender and the
> problem still persists.
> When I'm running say 3Ds MAX (happens with most of my developer apps)
> and I go to save, or open a file, certain folders will cause the entire
> application to crash; and this is WHILE saving.. so you can see my
> urgency.
> Can anyone offer a solution?
> Thanks

Paul Montgumdrop

Re: Help!
Eienaoi wrote:
> Alright so I've been completely perplexed here. I run Windows Vista on~
>
> AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
> ATI Radeon X1250
> 2GB RAM
>
> and I work as a 3D Modeler. I use alot of programs such as Torque Game
> Builder and 3Ds MAX. Now I've disabled UAC and Windows Defender and the
> problem still persists.

Are the programs Vista compliant? Did the programs indicate that they
can run on Vista? Or did you bring those programs over from XP or some
previous platform and did you use the compatibly mode on Vista to run as
XP, Win 2k, Win 9'x?

> When I'm running say 3Ds MAX (happens with most of my developer apps)
> and I go to save, or open a file, certain folders will cause the entire
> application to crash; and this is WHILE saving.. so you can see my urgency.
> Can anyone offer a solution?

Where are you trying to save the files? To what folders are you trying
to save the files? And do you have the proper permissions on the folder
the file resides to even save the file, even as admin.

What happens if you login to the machine as Super Admin, which is like
Admin on XP with Full rights? You can use Google to look up how to
enable the Super Admin account on Vista.